This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process. Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
Alternate Meanings for Common Words:
The Washington Post has published the winning submissions to its yearly contest, in which readers are asked to supply alternate meanings for common words. The winners are:
- Coffee, n. The person upon whom one coughs.
- Flabbergasted, adj. Appalled by discovering how much weight one has gained.
- Abdicate, v. To give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
- Esplanade, v.. To attempt an explanation while drunk.
- Willy-nilly, adj. Impotent.
- Negligent, adj. Absentmindedly answering the door when wearing only a nightgown.
- Lymph, v. To walk with a lisp.
- Gargoyle, n. Olive-flavored mouthwash.
- Flatulence, n. Emergency vehicle that picks up someone who has been run over by a steamroller.
- Balderdash, n. A rapidly receding hairline.
- Testicle, n. A humorous question on an exam.
- Rectitude, n. The formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.
- Pokemon, n.. A Rastafarian proctologist.
- Oyster, n. A person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddishisms.
- Frisbeetarianism, n. The belief that, after death, the soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.
- Circumvent , n. An opening in the front of jockey shorts worn by Jewish men.
|1. Silly Sunday|
3. Margs Animals
5. Agent 54
10. Just Out
11. Albom Adventures
12. Silly & Sweet Selfies