Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Pessimist

An avid duck hunter was in the market for a new bird dog. His search ended when he found a dog that could actually walk on water to retrieve a duck. Shocked by his find, he was sure none of his friends would ever believe him.

He decided to try to break the news to a friend of his, the eternal pessimist who refused to be impressed with anything. This, surely, would impress him. He invited him to hunt with him and his new dog. As they waited by the shore, a flock of ducks flew by. they fired, and a duck fell.

The dog responded and jumped into the water. The dog, however, did not sink but instead walked across the water to retrieve the bird, never getting more than his paws wet.

This continued all day long? each time a duck fell, the dog walked across the surface of the water to retrieve it. The pessimist watched carefully, saw everything, but did not say a single word.

On the drive home the hunter asked his friend, ”Did you notice anything unusual about my new dog?”

”I sure did,” responded the pessimist. ”He can’t swim.”

Image Credit: Pix Good
Share This

32 comments :

  1. I think the duck hunter should find himself a new friend. That was a good one =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Ann. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandee, love it. If the world was void of pessimists who could we laugh at?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And laugh at them we do. :)

      Delete
  3. Too funny. What a great answer. Sandee, you and Zane have a fine day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all he's got Marg. :)

      Delete
  4. LOL now that pessimist would drive me quackers ;-(

    Have a optimistictastic Saturday Sandee ;((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Steve, he would drive me quackers too. :)

      Delete
  5. Good one, and I've known some people like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Joe, unfortunately. :)

      Delete
  6. I know people just like him. i stay away from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Jan, I do too. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm staying away from them. They're both too stupid to tell a duck from a parrot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you're on to something here. :)

      Delete
  8. too funny- I thought maybe they would think something religious!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heeheehee! He sure can't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about that. :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It's rather ironic though. :)

      Delete
  11. Sigh...the eternal pessimist will remain an eternal pessimist! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all they can do. :)

      Delete
  12. Well poo, he should get a new hunting buddy or just return alone with his awesome dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, some folks are just boring. :)

      Delete
  13. lol another one i might have to steal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Help yourself Phil. :)

      Delete
  14. LOL - But I still want to know how the dog did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but I think we'll never know for sure. :)

      Delete
  15. That's one way to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's but one way. :)

      Delete
  16. Who would want to hang out with a pessimist? I'd rather spend my whole day with that awesome dog!! or read blogs, sorry haven't visited for a while :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. A pessimist is pretty hard to stomach. I've missed you. Good to see a comment from you. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥