Sunday, November 22, 2015

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun.

This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process. Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!

More Holy Humor:

UNANSWERED PRAYER

The preacher's 5 year-old daughter noticed that her father always paused and bowed his head for a moment before starting his sermon. One day, she asked him why. "Well, Honey," he began, proud that his daughter was so observant of his messages. "I'm asking the Lord to help me preach a good sermon." "How come He doesn't answer it?" she asked.

BEING THANKFUL

A Rabbi said to a precocious six-year-old boy, "So your mother says your prayers for you each night? That's very commendable. What does she say?" The little boy replied, "Thank God he's in bed!"

ALL MEN / ALL GIRLS

When my daughter, Kelli, said her bedtime prayers, she would bless every family member, every friend, and every animal (current and past).. For several weeks, after we had finished the nightly prayer, Kelli would say, "And all girls." This soon became part of her nightly routine, to include this closing. My curiosity got the best of me and I asked her, "Kelli, why do you always add the part about all girls?" Her response, "Because everybody always finish their prayers by saying 'All Men'!"

Silly Sunday Participants

1. Silly Sunday
2. bethere2day
3. messymimi
4. BFDude
5. Woodsterman
6. Cranky
7. Silly Willy
8. Agent 54
9. Mike Golch
10. Ann
11. Linda
12. Tony McGurk
13. Nancy Chan
14. Barb
15. Margs Animals
16. Blogoratti
17. Michelle
18. Cruisin' Paul
19. Kathe W.
20. Cody
21. Jean R.
22. Laika
23. Jen
24. Traveling Bells
25. Kismet
26. Ellen
27. Just Out
28. Binky
29. Rhonda
30. Allison

Share This

50 comments :

  1. Lol! Hi Sandee, your "holy humor" jokes made me laugh. Love the kid's innocent and frankness! Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make me laugh too. :)

      Delete
  2. Well I'll give an all girls to that :) Cute ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely day, hon. I'm baking cookies later this morning and then we're plopping into our recliners to watch Jeff Gordon's final NASCAR race this afternoon. We brought 'em in, so we feel like we need to bring 'em out, too. ;)

    big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a couple of cookies too. Enjoy your day. :)

      Delete
  4. Aww! comical ans cute at the same time heheh!

    Have a innocenttastic day sandee :-h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going for silly and cute is good too. :)

      Delete
  5. Heeheehee! Love the "all men," and i've known a few little boys like that, and even raised two i would occasionally say that about. Happy Silly Sunday!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I raised one myself. :)

      Delete
  6. Pretty darn funny, those are. Love the one, 'Thank God, he is in bed'. They are all good. Sure made me laugh. Sandee, you and Zane have one terrific day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the thank God he's in bed one more than once. :)

      Delete
  7. Ha, that made me chuckle...many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's silly and oh so innocent. :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I think so too Michelle. :)

      Delete
  9. Ha,ha,ha. I loved the Unanswered Prayer. Cute girl. How about this one my friend.


    So Far, So Good

    So far today, God, I've done all right. I haven't gossiped, haven't lost my temper, haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or over-indulgent. I'm really glad about that.

    But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of bed and from then on I'm probably going to need a lot more help.

    Thank you.

    In Jesus name. Amen

    Have a wonderful prayer Sunday Sandee. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love this one Paul. Thanks for adding it. :)

      Delete
  10. Funny stories! Have a lovely day today! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lovely day too. :)

      Delete
  11. the Rabbi one sounds about right! lol! Have a pawtastic day! xoxoxo
    catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Cody to have a pawtastic day and tell Dakota to have a woof woof day. :)

      Delete
  12. Coffee helps the prays of the voices in my head make sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have some fun inside that head of yours. :)

      Delete
  13. The "all men" cracks me up. The others are cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, kids hear the cutest things don't they. :)

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. LOL indeed. You two have a woof woof day. My best to your mom. :)

      Delete
  15. All GIrls...makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it. :)

      Delete
  16. Go Kelli! I kind of say the same prayer the little boy who talked to the Rabbi said his Mom said....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids are so cute aren't they. Yes they are. :)

      Delete
  17. Those kids always make me laugh, especially the All Girls. Love that one! Precious.

    Playin BettydamnCrocker all afternoon, so now I am propping my feet up and quitting. Whew. Just made some Christmas crack and some pumpkin cupcakes. D fer done for now.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be right over to help you dispose of that stuff.

      Delete
    2. Oh baking is wonderful. It makes the house smell so good. :)

      Delete
    3. Not if I beat you there Kismet. :)

      Delete
  18. Those are good ones - I think my favorite is the All Men one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's my favorite one too Ellen. :)

      Delete
  19. this holy humor is spot on just as the last one was! Big Tim Hug! :) :-h :-f d-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had to be split up. It was too big for one post. Big time hug back. :)

      Delete
  20. Good ones, especially' all girls' !
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, kids are so innocent. :)

      Delete
  21. Funny ones Sandee. Especially the All Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all things kids. They come up with the cutest things at times. :)

      Delete
  22. Well they should have equality in prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should indeed Binky. :)

      Delete
  23. Good stuff, but that last one is my favorite. When my daughter was little, she called a prayer the "almond prayer" instead of amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny what the little ones hear. It really is. :)

      Delete
  24. Funny! My dad has a couple of friends who regularly mail him jokes. When done with their letters, he often passes them onto me. I enjoy the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've a ton of folks that send me things. They know I'll use some of the funnies. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥