Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Frank Feldman

A man walks out to the street and catches a taxi just going by. He gets into the taxi, and the cabbie says, "Perfect timing. You're just like Frank."

Passenger: "Who?"

Cabbie: "Frank Feldman... he's a guy who did everything right all the time. Like my coming along when you needed a cab, things happened like that to Frank Feldman every single time."

Passenger: "There are always a few clouds over everybody."

Cabbie: "Not Frank Feldman. He was a terrific athlete. He could have won the Grand-Slam at tennis. He could golf with the pros. He sang like an opera baritone, and danced like a Broadway star. And you should have heard him play the piano! He was an amazing guy."

Passenger: "Sounds like he was somebody really special."

Cabbie: "Oh heck, there's more! He had a memory like a computer. He remembered everybody's birthday. He knew all about wine, which foods to order, and which fork to eat it with. And he could fix anything---. Not like me - I change a fuse, and the whole street blacks out. But Frank Feldman, he could do everything right."

Passenger: "Wow, some guy then."

Cabbie: "He always knew the quickest way to go in traffic and avoid traffic jams. Not like me, I always seem to get stuck in them. But Frank, he never made mistakes, and he really knew how to treat a woman and make her feel good. He would never argue back, even if she was in the wrong; and his clothing was always immaculate, shoes highly polished, too. He was the perfect man! I never knew him to make a mistake! No one could ever measure up to Frank Feldman."

Passenger: "An amazing fellow. How did you meet him?"

Cabbie: "Well... I never actually met Frank. He died, and I married his dang wife."

Hat tip: Sandra on Facebook
Image Credit: Image Chef
Share This

46 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Yep, he'll never measure up will he. :)

      Delete
  2. Poor guy, he will never meet the reputation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never, apparently she's had the very best. :)

      Delete
  3. Lol! This poor taxi driver, what a lousy time for him when he is with his wife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, not very fair to him at all. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm always amazed at how clever joke writers are and this is one of those times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is very clever indeed. :)

      Delete
  5. Frank sounds just like me ( the opposite ) but my wife knows already & she's satisfied with me.
    Have a brilliant Tuesday Sandee. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing after all these years she's very satisfied with you. Good for the both of you. :)

      Delete
  6. well, my husband never hears anything about my ex being great like Frank! lol. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither does mine. My ex was a nightmare and I'm being kind. :)

      Delete
  7. Too funny. Poor Frank. Sandee, you have a super duper day along with Zane and Little Bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bahahahahaha! :))

    OK, that right there was a really good one! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too Barb. :)

      Delete
  9. That explains it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does doesn't it. :)

      Delete
  10. Dear Sandee, Adorable, poor cabby though, never be able to fill Franks shoes...
    xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll never be able to fill anything of Frank's. :)

      Delete
  11. LMAO I didn't expect that ending haha!

    Have a perfecttastic day Sandee :-h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either and these are my favorite kinds of jokes. :)

      Delete
  12. Frank died to get away from his wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right here. Yes you just might be right. :)

      Delete
  13. Oh my! I imagine my next husband would be very much like the guy in the cab. No one could measure up to our guys, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both have the best husbands so we wouldn't be able to replace them. :)

      Delete
  14. I so didn't see that one coming! Good one. And life goes on.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either and those are the very best jokes. :)

      Delete
  15. Lol! Poor cabbie. I didn't see it coming, either. Must be a slow day. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you're smart. It was just that good of a joke. :)

      Delete
  16. Laughing...Poor guy. It got me too.

    I hope you're having a great day Sandee.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a great day and I hope you are too. Big hugs. :)

      Delete
  17. Hahaha! This is so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too Jen. :)

      Delete
  18. that poor guy....it's funny too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, nobody is ever going to top her dead husband. :)

      Delete
  19. It's hard to be compared to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is hard to be compared to perfection. :)

      Delete
  20. Comparison hurts :( and to the dead one..it must be hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comparisons aren't fair either. Not one bit. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥