Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Therapist

A man walked into a therapist's office looking very depressed. "Doc, you've got to help me. I can't go on like this."

"What's the problem?" the doctor inquired.

"Well, I'm 35 years old and I still have no luck with the ladies. No matter how hard I try, I just seem to scare them away."

"My friend, this is not a serious problem. You just need to work on your self-esteem. Each morning, I want you to get up and run to the bathroom mirror. Tell yourself that you are a good person, a fun person, and an attractive person. But say it with real conviction. Within a week you'll have women buzzing all around you."

The man seemed content with this advice and walked out of the office a bit excited. Three weeks later he returned with the same downtrodden expression on his face. "Did my advice not work?" asked the doctor.

"It worked alright. For the past several weeks I've enjoyed some of the best moments in my life with the most fabulous looking women."

"So, what's your problem?"

"I don't have a problem," the man replied. "My wife does."

Hat tip: Empress Bee
Image Credit: The Daily Beast
Share This

40 comments :

  1. LOL I wasn't expecting that punchline

    Have a therapeutictastic day Sandee :-h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't either and I laughed out loud when I read the punchline. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yep, not so good for him now though. :)

      Delete
  3. I wasn't expecting that punchline, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Empress Bee is a sneaky one for sure. :)

      Delete
  4. Too funny. Just a minor detail. The wife. Sandee, you and Zane and Little Bit have a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, more than a minor detail now that she knows. :)

      Delete
  5. Therapists hear the strangest things...my pet rock would be perhaps telling the strangest of all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your pet rock very well and he can outdo this one. :)

      Delete
  6. hahahha Shame on that man!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and I don't think he's very ashamed. :)

      Delete
  7. He's got a problem, he just doesn't know it yet. He's forgotten, "When momma's not happy, nobody's happy." Just sayin'. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about this. Spot on in fact. :)

      Delete
  8. He got to come back and is still alive?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMC! Didn't see that coming at all! Hahahaha!

    Happy almost Friday Sandee! Scritches to Little Bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's almost Friday and we're heading back to the boat tomorrow. I'm ready. :)

      Delete
  10. He does have a problem. He has to figure out how to sleep with one eye open ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might want to sleep with both eyes open. :)

      Delete
  11. Now that's a problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For him it's a very big problem. :)

      Delete
  12. OUCH! Should have seen that coming! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see it coming either. :)

      Delete
  13. I'm back Sandee and am I happy to be back. It's amazing how weird it is to be away from the computer. I justed wanted to say hi. Hi!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I've missed you something terrible too. I'm glad you're back. I hope you have a post tomorrow so I can visit and comment.

      Have a fabulous day my friend. :)

      Delete
  14. Oops! About says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. roche' thought he got this but he didn't. he no longer likes to admit this!

    smiles, bee
    xxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roche is pretty innocent even though he tries to convince us that he's hip. ♥♥♥

      Delete
  16. Lol. The punchline just got me. Not what I was expecting. Totally perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too Lilith. :)

      Delete
  17. Oh, geez! Didn't see that one coming at all. Makes one wonder why he was there in the first place if he had a wife?! Ain't it or no? (some PA slang!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make one wonder, but some men need all the women, not just one. :)

      Delete
  18. Oops! He should have tried his tricks with his wife first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure should have. :)

      Delete
  19. His wife's such a spoil sport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of us are where this is concerned. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥