Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pet Fish

A hillbilly was stopped by a game warden in Kentucky recently with two ice chests of fish. He was leaving a cove well known for its fishing.

The game warden asked the man, "Do you have a license to catch those fish?"

"Naw, sir, I ain't got none of them there licenses, no. You must understand, these here are my pet fish."

"Pet fish?" asked the game warden.

"Yeah. Every night I take these here fish down to da lake and let them swim 'round for a while. Then I whistle and they jump rat back into this here ice chest and I take them home."

"That's a bunch of hooey! Fish can't do that!" says the warden.

The hillbilly looked at the game warden for a moment and then said, "It's the truth, Mr. Government man, I'll show you. It really works."

"Okay," said the game warden, "I've GOT to see this!"

The hillbilly poured the fish into the lake and stood and waited.

After several minutes, the game warden turned to him and said, "Well?"

"Well, what?" asked the hillbilly.

The warden said, "When are you going to call them back?"

The hillbilly said, "Call who back?"

"The FISH!" replied the warden.

"What fish?" asked the hillbilly.

In Kentucky, we may not be as smart as some city slickers, but we ain't as dumb as folks think.

Image Credit: McGowen Manufacturing
Share This

48 comments :

  1. Was his name Jed Clampett? ;)

    Have a lovely day, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may have been Barb. :)

      Delete
  2. lol Sounds like he was pretty smart to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is smart. Way smarter than that government guy. :)

      Delete
  3. Well I guess the hillbilly was just a wee bit smarter than the game warden

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah, you don't pull one over on bubba often! roche' says he likes fish and wants a pet fish now.

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loves me a good Bubba. :)

      Delete
  5. That Bubba don't be no dummy. Right.

    Thanks for the morning smiles.

    Big hugs from c-c-cold Mayberry, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, he's no dummy. :)

      Delete
  6. Now that was hysterical, especially since I live in Hillbilly country. They are not as dumb as some think. That is just so typical. Sandee, you and Zane and Little Bit have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they are dumb at all. :)

      Delete
  7. LOL...that's a good one!

    Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed this Michelle. :)

      Delete
  8. Since when did Hillbilly's have to have a fishing license?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they do. It's a good joke though. :)

      Delete
  9. Bubba can play golf also. Stupid government man. They're all the same. Have a great Saturday Sandee. See ya.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are all the same Paul. :)

      Delete
  10. Hillby is real smart.
    Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Or he could get a license.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or not. I can't believe I need a license to live.

      Delete
    2. I shouldn't be laughing but that's really funny.

      Delete
    3. Why get a license? :)

      Delete
    4. I agree Kyla. :)

      Delete
    5. Oh go ahead and laugh. It's funny. :)

      Delete
  12. Ah yes, more government, we pay, to give us a bad time. c-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right on the money Odie. :)

      Delete
  13. Well he definitely wasn't stupid LOL

    LOL @ Was his name Jed Clampett?

    Have a fishtstic day Sandee :-h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No he definitely wasn't stupid. :)

      Delete
  14. oh this is truly funny! Have a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a perfect day too Kathe. :)

      Delete
  15. Heeheehee! Was he kin to Boudreaux?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure they are related. :)

      Delete
  16. Hope you had a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving! I promise I am coming back! LOL
    Big hugs!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did hone and I'm hoping you did too. I miss you. Big hugs back. :)

      Delete
  17. Definitely! I'm in Nashville and I can say some of these country boys are rather clever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are and they know it too. :)

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. I loves me some good southern men. :)

      Delete
  19. Ha Ha Ha!!! What evidence???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart as a whip this guy is. :)

      Delete
  20. Lol. I'm a city girl. I got my hatred of revenoorers from watching the Clampetts. Ole Jed was nobody's fool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure wasn't was he. That was a great show. I met Ellie May years ago. :)

      Delete
  21. Replies
    1. Yep, all the evidence is gone. :)

      Delete
  22. And here's your sign... Gov't Man! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does need a sign doesn't he. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥