Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fragments

Last weekend was the Change of Watch for IOBG Delta District 19. I was installed as president for 2015 on Saturday night. I'm going to recap the weekend for everyone as it was very special.

Five boats set out around noon Friday and headed for Marina West Yacht Club. It was supposed to rain and it did right before we got to Marina West. It rained to beat the band and all of us that were in charge of manning the lines were soaked pretty good.

We all got tied up and then the party began. Hubby and I had made arrangements for all members of Delta Marina Yacht Club (I'm a past commodore of that club) for a hosted bar from 5 to 8 and supplied the docking for all the boats that showed up on Friday. Additionally we supplied dinner for everyone. Pizza, salad and cherry dump cake. A great time was had by all.

On Saturday morning hubby and I supplied breakfast on the docks to include Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's. Prior to breakfast three more boats arrived to join the festivities. We had a total of eight boats for the weekend.

Saturday night we had a fabulous dinner prepared by Marina West Yacht Club. After dinner Past International President Gary McGrath conducted the oath of office. At that point I was the president of IOBG District 19.

Why did we do so much for our yacht club members? Because of their support. We had 14 past commodores, that are members of Delta Marina Yacht Club in attendance. Those 14 past commodores are also members of IOBG District 19. Many of them rejoined IOBG after I started up the chairs. It was our way of showing our appreciation for all their support. It was a weekend I will always remember fondly.
Share This

38 comments :

  1. Oh, it sounds just lovely! I am so glad you and Zane are enjoying life so large!

    big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great weekend Barb. We do so enjoy all things boating. :)

      Delete
  2. sounds like a great time. Glad you enjoyed yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. It was a lovely weekend. Scritches to Gibbs. :)

      Delete
  3. You and Zane always do a jam up good job on whatever yall do, and always show your appreciation for others. Glad yall are creating good memories. Congrats!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do try to do it right. Everyone had a great weekend. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh we are so glad that everything went so well for you. That is just terrific. Well done Sande. Happy Thursday to you Sandee, Zane and Little Bit.Sounds like such a great week end. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marg, we are happy how it turned out. :)

      Delete
  5. It sounds like your only official duty is to pick up the tabs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, that wasn't the only duty. There are many more than picking up the tabs. :)

      Delete
  6. I pick up the tab once in awhile too, to show gratitude for those I care about (don't we all at one point or another, and that's fun!). Sounds like you've got a good heart for the members, which of course makes you the perfect president! I'm glad you had a great time, and big congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosey. This is exactly why we picked up the tab for Friday night. :)

      Delete
  7. This sounds like so much fun! Glad you were also able to get one last trip in before it gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's the last cruise until January. We pretty much go boating year around. :)

      Delete
  8. Hooray for you and all you have done for your clubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million my friend. :)

      Delete
  9. Dear Sandee, This sounds like a wonderful time filled with good friends, food and most of all memories to keep. I am so happy for you dear friend. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful weekend that I'll never forget Catherine. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

      Delete
  10. Congratulations, Madame President. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. :)

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you had a great time Madame President.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great time Ron. I'll always remember this past weekend. :)

      Delete
  12. you can't go wrong with pizza! Congrats Madame President!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good pizza too and it was all you could eat. No one went away hungry. :)

      Delete
  13. Congratulations to you! The weekend sounds like lots of fun just like it should be! It's wonderful you and your hubby are able to enjoy your boat with so many others that you enjoy also!

    Extra smooches to Little Bit for being the First Dog as long as you're President! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great weekend. Hubby and I had a fabulous time. I'll tell Little Bit that she's the First Dog for all of 2015. She'll like that. :)

      Delete
  14. Roche' wants to be "first rock" and I said I'd ask you! This is fabulous honey, I am so proud of you!

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, Roche called it first so he's First Rock. Tell him he's royalty now. Oh wait, he already was. Love you. :)

      Delete
  15. Sounds like you and everyone had a great time. That was very generous of you, Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all had a great time. What hubby and I did was the right thing to do. :)

      Delete
  16. Glad you had fun :) and again congrats Ms. president!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Hubby and I do the living part very well. :)

      Delete
  18. I don't understand it all.
    But, congrats on becoming President.
    Pizza, salad and a Cherry dump cake..my kinda meal!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about boating Michelle. Really an honor, but I'm still a volunteer. :)

      Delete
    2. My hubby was a boat builder, once-upon-a time.
      He built Bass boats and even helped built a Yacht.
      I think he actually liked the work.
      However, a year after we were married we left Fl. and moved to the mountains.
      At one time he dreamed of living on a boat. Would have been an adventure :)

      Delete
    3. I don't want to live on a boat, but I love spending a great deal of time on our boat. Then we go home and enjoy a larger space. It's been working for us for many years. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥