Sunday, August 31, 2014

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun.

This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process. Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!

Late for School

Little Johnny is constantly late for school and what's worse is that he always has to tell a big lie explaining why.

The teacher tells the headmaster that she is fed up with his exaggerations. The headmaster tells her to send Little Johnny to him the next time he turns up late. He'll tell Little Johnny a lie so big that he will never tell another one. Ever!

The next day Little Johnny shows up two hours late.

Little Johnny says, "I was two hours early today so I had time to fish in the pond on my way to school. I caught a seventeen pound trout and had to take it home. If I didn't clean it and freeze it, my mum would've been angry. That's why I'm so late."

The teacher promptly takes him to the headmaster's office and explains the story to him.

The headmaster tells Little Johnny about his own trip to school that day. He says, "I was walking to school through the park on the trail today when I heard something behind me. I turned around and was shocked to see a giant grizzly bear behind me. He was twenty four feet tall and had six-inch fangs. He was going to eat me, Johnny! Just then a little dog ran out from the bushes, jumped up and attacked the bear. The little dog killed the bear and then ate the whole bear right there in front of me. What do you think of that, Johnny?"

Little Johnny replies, "Oh yeah, that's my dog Sparky. That's his third bear this week."

Silly Sunday Participants

1. Silly Sunday
2. bethere2day
3. Undead Fred
4. messymimi
5. Blogitudes
6. Woodsterman
7. Cranky
8. Empress Bee
9. Margs Animals
10. Rhonda
11. Traveling Bells
12. Just Out
13. Kylascott
14. Mail4Rosey
15. Annie
16. Michelle
17. Kathe W.
18. Angel
19. Binky
20. Stephanie
21. Rocks
22. Ann

Share This

46 comments :

  1. LOL Johnny you gotta love him

    Have a lietastic day Sandee :-h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Johnny is something else isn't he. :)

      Delete
  2. Either Johnny has one hell of an imagination, or that's one hell of a dog!
    http://khel666.blogspot.com/2014/08/khel-666-kooking-show-declared-massive.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Johnny is just Little Johnny. Thanks for linking up to Silly Sunday. :)

      Delete
  3. roche' loves this one! he says he can relate. whatever that means! lol

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Roche can tell some tall ones right. He's a pistol. :)

      Delete
  4. That made the Person laugh out loud this morning. Thanks Sandee for that. Happy Sunday to you Sandee and all of your family. Take care too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to make you laugh Marg. You all have a great Sunday too. :)

      Delete
  5. What an amazing dog, with quite an appetite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and Johnny is a huge fibber. :)

      Delete
  6. One whopper after another. Boy, what an imagination!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Little Johnny is full of it. :)

      Delete
  7. Heeheehee! Little Johnny is a quick thinker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is. He's got the principle pegged too. :)

      Delete
  8. He's no more li'l Johnny, he's Super Johnny!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you are right. :)

      Delete
  9. Now that the school year has started back up again, my sympathy goes out to all the teachers out there who have to deal with Little Johnnys every day. LOL They're quite a handful! Great joke, Sandee! Thanks for starting off my day with a chuckle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and just about every class has a Little Johnny. :)

      Delete
  10. Did you know my real name is Johnny? c-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I really thought your name was Odie. :)

      Delete
  11. Now that is a Pathological liar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and then some. :)

      Delete
  12. I'm not scared of much, but I'll pass on meeting Sparky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kyla, me too. :)

      Delete
  13. You can't con a con, or so I've heard it said. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you can't con a con and Little Johnny is at the top of his game (con wise). :)

      Delete
  14. Laughing...It sounds like The Headmaster and Johnny are going to have fun a school year-

    Great joke Sandee, as always- Thanks for my first laugh of the day- :)

    Big hugs-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Little Johnny will have a far better year than the headmaster. :)

      Delete
  15. Oh my, I wasn't prepared for the ending.

    I was trying to guess what was going to happen.

    I'm usually not good at retelling jokes.

    I hope I remember this one.

    Thanks for the laugh and for stooping by today.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry...that should say *stopping by today.

      Delete
    2. I'm terrible at retelling jokes too. I get it. :)

      Delete
    3. I knew what you meant Michelle. :)

      Delete
  16. Hilarious story- BUT is it Little Johnny or Billy that is telling the BIG whoppers? Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Little Johnny now. I didn't catch that. I've been sick for days. Bugger. :)

      Delete
  17. lolz :-) have a super Labor Day weekend my friend!! xoxox HUGZZZZZZ!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too honey. Big HUGZZZZZZZ back. :)

      Delete
  18. Johnny grew up to be a senator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably spot on Binky. :)

      Delete
  19. Hey, he should at least get points for creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Little Johnny with Big imaginations :) I can imagine the headmaster's face..hehe!
    Have a wonderful week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, no one can outdo Little Johnny.

      You have a wonderful week too my friend. :)

      Delete
  21. that little Johnny never misses a beat...lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Typical kid. Has an answer for everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he can lie like no other kid on earth. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥