Saturday, August 9, 2014

Margaret's Pets

This is the completed Story Game of "Margaret's Pets" that you all did an outstanding job in authoring.

Margaret is curious about all of her friends pets. Some have dogs and some have cats. Some have horses and some have squirrels that need their nuts and snakes and chickens, but poor Margaret doesn't have any at all!

She had always wanted a pet, but her dad says no. He thinks pets will make her lose her mind because it is so much work to take care of all the animals. But she decided to get a pet rock of course!

Little did she know that pet rocks require so much time and attention. Would she have been better off getting a different kind of pet which would make her life easy, she would have never opted for pet rocks. However as her fate would have it she has her pet rocks and has to learn to care for them and be happy she got them, she will name them and have fun with them and live happy ever after. ♥

But living happy ever after wasn't in the cards. One of her pet rocks did something awful. Her pet rock escaped late at night while she was sleeping. The rock climbed out a window and headed off on a new adventure on the boat, or those were his intentions, however her pet rock ended up in a bar called the rockin' rebel. He met a cute little pebble that was big trouble.

She said, "Hi, my name is Sandy." He replied, "My name is Rocky. What do you say we go out and get something to drink." But Sandy wanted to go to the beach instead to see the sunset. Rocky agreed, and they hung out with a biker gang called The Rolling Stones who ended up getting busted by some under cover cops.

The police called Margaret to come bail Rocky out of jail. The biker gang had been in a lot of trouble with the law, and since Rocky had been caught hanging out with them, his bail was set high. Margaret didn't have a lot of money, but Rocky was her pet - she'd made a commitment and she wanted to do the right thing by him, so she borrowed money from a local loan shark and went to the jail to fetch Rocky. When she arrived, she found that Rocky had drastically changed. He was wearing a leather jacket now and there were tattoos and piercings all over his little body. He looked at her and said, I'm so sorry I let you down. I'll make this up to you.

Rocky did just that too. He got a job and worked hard to pay back the bail money. He never went to court as the charges were dropped against him. The loan shark got arrested and that ended any future payments. Rocky had already paid the loan back and then some.

The years have passed and Rocky and Margaret are still together. Margaret now has many pets. Not only does she have Rocky she has lots of cats, two donkeys (Joe and Smoke) and a dog named Ande. Many of us already know Marg of Margs Animals. Go pay her a visit and meet all her precious babies.  I'll also bet she never even knew this story was going to be about her.

Contributing authors (In order of appearance):

Steve of stevebethere
Karen of Right Where We Belong
Keith of Musings of an Unapologetic Dreamer
Rhonda of Albom Adventures
Paul of Mr. Cruiser's Notes

Marg of Margs Animals
Empress Bee of Muffin53 part deux
Barb of Blackboard Quotations
Rosey of Mail4Rosey
Rajagopalan of Just Out

Louise of Lucky Lady's Country Pictures
Sandee of Comedy Plus
Stephanie of Stephanie Faris, Tween Author
Sandy of Traveling Bells
Ann of Ann's Snap Edit & Scrap

Katherine of Shoot Me Now
Binky of Wombania
Suzanne of Times Squared
Lady Lilith of Little Lady
Marcia of Blogitudes

A great big THANK YOU to everyone that contributed to the Story Game. You are all awesome!
Share This

30 comments :

  1. I love this. The ending was awesome. Marg was the first one I thought of when I first started reading but I figured it couldn't be her since she has so many pets now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I set it up for those of you that know Marg to play along and it happened without anyone really keying on that. :)

      Delete
  2. My pet rock is upset that I didn't partake ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you had of participated. I love your humor. :)

      Delete
  3. Too cute Sandee that you made it about us. I am very honored that the story was us. And a good story too.
    You have a most wonderful week end Sandee and Zane and Little Bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did. You do so much with caring for your babies. :)

      Delete
  4. Haha! turned out brilliant didn't it =))

    Have a storytastic day Sandee :-h

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this story is my favorite of all of them! Well done, everyone!!

    Have a wonderful weekend! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite too. I thought it flowed very well. :)

      Delete
  6. rolling stones! bwahahahah.... roche' is cracking up here!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roche is a hoot isn't he. I loved this story. :)

      Delete
  7. WE all have to put this out in hard book. We could make millions. Ha,ha,ha. Well done everyone and you Sandeeis the greatest to even think about it and have all of us to do it in your blog. Thank you my wonderful friend. Well done.See ya

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed this Paul. We'll do it again. :)

      Delete
  8. Great, great story! We continually amaze ourselves...and crack up ourselves. We're easy.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we crack ourselves up often. :)

      Delete
  9. What fun! Maybe if you do another of these, I'll try to get in on it.
    My brother and I had some pet rocks. I think he still has them in a box--he's such a nerd, unlike sophisticated me! ;-) We painted faces on them. They never did escape out the window and make trouble, though--as far as we know!
    Thank you for visiting Poetry of the Netherworld.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do another of these at some point. They are very fun. :)

      Delete
  10. I got my daughter a pet rock set for Christmas last year. She still loves it so. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pet rock too. They are fun. :)

      Delete
  11. I love that you put the story all together, gave it a great ending and posted it, Sandee! Great idea!!! This was lots of fun ... and I hope you'll do another one. We bloggers need all the entertainment we can get. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do another one at some point. Sometimes they go very well and other times not so much. This one was really easy to put together. :)

      Delete
  12. I have a garden full of pet rocks I have collected! Guess there should be a story for each oe. Thanks for a fun story!! Thanks for putting it together!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all have a story too Karren. We can make them up as we go along. :)

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. It was one of the better Story Games indeed. :)

      Delete
  14. Great story! I suppose the most low-maintenance pet I ever had was Iggy my Iguana. Not one bit of trouble, but died at the ripe old age of 4 feet and about 20 lbs. Think he got into my pipe tobacco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor baby. Pipe tobacco isn't good for an Iguana. :(

      Delete
  15. Well, aren't we clever little story tellers. This is quite a fun blog idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do this all the time and then I didn't. This one turned out very well. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥