Sunday, June 29, 2014

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun.

This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
To get the same linky code as I'm using click on the Silly Sunday Code in my navigation bar. Copy and paste that code into your Silly Sunday post and we'll all have the same links.
Diet Advice
  • A chocolate mousse that you did not order has no calories. Therefore, have your companion order dessert and you taste half of it.
  • Chocolate chips are fattening, about 50 calories a tablespoon. However, chocolate chips eaten while making chocolate chip cookies have no calories whatsoever. Therefore make chocolate chip cookies often but don't eat them.
  • All food eaten while standing has no calories. Exactly why is not clear, but the current theory relates to gravity. The calories apparently bypass the stomach flowing directly down the legs and through the soles of the feet into the floor, like electricity. Walking seems to accelerate this process, so that a frozen custard or hot dog eaten at a fayre actually has a calorie deficit.
  • Anything produced, purchased or intended for minors is calorie-free when eaten by adults. This category covers a wide range, beginning with a spoonful of baby tapioca, consumed for demonstration purposes, up to and including *biscuits baked and sent to college.
  • Pies and cakes should be cut neatly, in even wedges or slices. If not, the responsibility falls on the person putting them away to "straighten up the edges" by slicing away the offending irregularities, which have no calories when eaten.
Silly Sunday Participants

1. Silly Sunday
2. bethere2day
3. BFDude
4. Ron R
5. Cranky Old Man
6. messymimi
7. Blogitudes
8. Woodsterman
9. Cruisin' Paul
10. Bono
11. Airplane
12. imgFave
13. Dishes
14. Lady Gaga
15. Why
16. KFC

Share This

36 comments :

  1. Looks like I will be eating standing up and walking around in future LOL :))

    Have a sillytastic sunday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only all this were true, we'd all be thin. :)

      Delete
  2. OMG... so you know your post prom yesterday and men and men cooking the meat? That all SO happened to me yesterday. Honestly... what are the odds? And we have tons leftover so today will be a much easiuer day. For me. ;)

    big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually happens just like this too. They they are all so tired for all that cooking. I think it's more like the beer drinking. :)

      Delete
  3. I have to inform you that the one about eating while standing is a myth. I've tested it repeatedly and the results show that although the calories will bypass the stomach they tend to adhere themselves to the butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've tested this one too and it doesn't work. None of them work. :)

      Delete
  4. At my age, who cares about calories. So I will be sitting down to eat. But like the way someone is thinking. All kinds of great ideas.
    Take care Sandee and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doctor sure cares about what I eat. :)

      Delete
  5. Food eaten whilst standing has no calories? I have finally found the loophole I've been looking for all these years! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works for you better than it has for me. :)

      Delete
  6. I always enjoyed just standing around and eating---now I know why. It those big sit down meals that kill you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's working for you then that's all that counts. :)

      Delete
  7. I believe that broken cookies and crumbs are also calorie free. Apparently the calories fall out when the cookie breaks, so I only eat the broken ones on the bottom of the box.

    From now on I will also eat them only while standing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great plan to me. :)

      Delete
  8. No calories, WOW wouldn't that be wonderful. I would be in heaven Sandee. Have a great Sunday my good friend. See ya.

    Paul

    PS I was talking with Bee about the River Cruises in Europe and she said ask Sandee about them. I've been thinking about them myself. What are your feelings about them, are they worthwhile and enjoyable? See ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone that's been on them love the river cruises Paul. I've never been to Europe. Hubby has but I've not. Sounds like grand fun. :)

      Delete
  9. Food sampled when preparing it solely for the kids is calorie free?? Looks like the kids are going to be getting lots of treats made and sent their way this summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl. Let us know if it works. :)

      Delete
  10. And if you break it in half first, you can pour the calories out! Heeheehee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't seem to be working for me. Bugger. :)

      Delete
  11. Think I'll make some chocolate chip cookies today. :) Thanks for these very helpful tips dear Sandee! I love 'em and hope you have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be right over for some too. :)

      Delete
  12. don't forget also that when a cookie is broken in half- so you can share it- all the calories fall out! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using this cookie trick for years. I don't think it's working though. :)

      Delete
  13. first i told paul to ask you about cruising out of california to hawaii, not river cruises, we talked about a lot of different things and he got confused.

    next i have a tip that i know is true. if you get a dunkin' donut - the white kind with red stuff in the middle - and scoop out the red stuff and only eat the shell it's only three points, not five. then the red stuff is free because it's fruit. also i heard after 6:00 pm calories don't stick. i doubt that one though.

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back over and told him about the west coast cruising.

      I've never been to a dunkin' donut. Don't have them here. I'm guessing what you said is true though. :)

      Delete
  14. I need to start baking for some kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great idea Binky. :)

      Delete
  15. According to this, I haven't had a calorie all day. c-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either Odie. I'm feeling so thin already. :)

      Delete
  16. And that is why the big chocolate chip bags in our house only make one batch of biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nyahahaha!! From now on I will eat in standing position..:) let's see if that will work.
    Have a great week my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't work for me Rocks. :)

      Delete
  18. My standing calories may bypass my stomach, bu they don't make it my legs. We all know where they "sit"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the same problem Rhonda. That's where mine end up too. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥