Saturday, May 3, 2014

Ghandhi

When Mohandas Karamchand Ghandhi, better known as Ghandhi, was studying law at the University College of London, there was a professor, whose last name was Peters, who felt animosity for Gandhi, and because Gandhi never lowered his head towards him, their "arguments" were very common.

One day, Mr. Peters was having lunch at the dining room of the University and Gandhi came along with his tray and sat next to the professor.

The professor, in his arrogance, said, "Mr Gandhi: you do not understand... a pig and a bird do not sit together to eat".

Gandhi replied, "You do not worry professor, I'll fly away", and he went and sat at another table.

Mr. Peters, green of rage, decided to take revenge on the next test, but Gandhi responded brilliantly to all questions.

Then, Mr. Peters asked him, "Mr Gandhi, if you are walking down the street and find a package, and within it there is a bag of wisdom and another bag with a lot of money; which one will you take?"

Without hesitating, Gandhi responded, "the one with the money, of course".

Mr. Peters, smiling, said, "I, in your place, would have taken the wisdom.

"Each one takes what one doesn't have", responded Gandhi indifferently.

Mr. Peters, already hysteric, wrote on the exam sheet the word "idiot" and gave it to Gandhi.

Gandhii took the exam sheet and sat down. A few minutes later, he went goes to the professor and said, "Mr. Peters, you signed the sheet, but you did not give me the grade."

Hat tip: Phil of Phils Phun
Image Credit: Wikipedia
Share This

37 comments :

  1. Love this. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghandhi was way smarter than the professor. :)

      Delete
  2. haha! A quick wit is a handy thing to have . Not that I'd know anything about that. My normal is to think of a snappy comeback... days or weeks later, Bugger to my brain cells.

    Have a super Saturday, Sandee. I'm sure gonna give it a go! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Barb. I'm slower than molasses with the quick comebacks. :)

      Delete
  3. That is a great story. Those two did have some great come backs. We enjoyed all that. Have a great day Sandee, Zane and that Little Bit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet it was true too. :)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous, just fabulous. My comebacks are usually a bit on the slow side, dang it.

    Have a wonderful weekend. Sunny here in nawth jawjah, with the heat on. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too honey. Have a fabulous weekend. Big hugs back. :)

      Delete
  5. Loved it, loved it, loved it Sandee. Well the weekend is here and I bet you are on your yacht and enjoying it. Have a wonderful time on your ship, getting the sun and I hope a nice cool drink whatever it may be. See ya my friend.

    Paul

    PS Bee will be on her ship, the Legend tomorrow and I, well I will be in my chair watching golf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are on our boat this morning. Heading home today as we have lots to do to prepare for next weekends events. :)

      Delete
  6. That'd be rough to have a teacher who had it out for you like that... but you survive and move on. :) I like reading about Ghandi, he was one very cool dude. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghandhi was way smarter than the professor. I just loved this. :)

      Delete
  7. One could not win a game of wits with this man. Peters proved it by even trying. c-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are spot on about this Odie. :)

      Delete
  8. We are proud of Gandhiji, the Father of our Nation, India.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I found this one. I knew you would approve. :)

      Delete
  9. Love Gandhi! Another wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed this Jennifer. :)

      Delete
  10. Oh, yes. Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame on this professor. :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Some professors leave a lot to be desired. My best to Seymour. :)

      Delete
  12. excellent reply! The so called educator should have quit before he got thoroughly trounced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Kathe. He wasn't the brightest professor was he. :)

      Delete
  13. What I wouldn't give to be able to come up with Gandhi-like come-backs! These are excellent! Thank you for sharing Sandee and I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was just so very wise about almost everything. And quick on his feet too. ☺

      Delete
  14. I love hearing about the wisdom I wish I had. Maybe if I live long enough some of it will filter down... I'm hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha!!! That was a great read Sandee. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Tony. Scritches to Dixie. :)

      Delete
  16. Still, one has to wonder how wise is it to enrage the one who can adversely impact your grade point. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but I couldn't resist posting something so sharp as this. :)

      Delete
  17. They're pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are Binky. :)

      Delete
  18. Seems he had an answer for everything. I suspect the British in India wish he hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right Ron. :)

      Delete
  19. I can't believe Ghandhi is that smart!!! hehe! ay smarter than that professor :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥