Saturday, March 29, 2014

St. Peter

Three nurses went to heaven, and were awaiting their turn with St. Peter to plead their case to enter the pearly gates.

The first nurse said, "I worked in an emergency room. We tried our best to help patients, even though occasionally we did lose one. I think I deserve to go to heaven." St. Peter looks at her file and admits her to heaven.

The second nurse says, "I worked in an operating room. It's a very high stress environment and we do our best. Sometimes the patients are too sick and we lose them, but overall we try very hard." St. Peter looks at her file and admits her to heaven.

The third nurse says, "I was a case manager for an HMO."

St. Peter looks at her file. He pulls out a calculator and starts punching away at it furiously, constantly going back to the nurse's file. After a few minutes St. Peter looks up, smiles, and says, "Congratulations! You've been admitted to heaven ... for five days!"

Image Credit: Sam Greening
Share This

27 comments :

  1. Nurses rock! Especially my sister.

    Have yourself a super Saturday, Sandee. We'll have some more thunderstorms here today but I shall enjoy it anyway. big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do, but some of those HMOs were awful. Have a super Saturday too. ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. That is too funny. Great answer. We like this one.
    Happy week end to Sandee, Zane and the Little Bit. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed this one Marge. You have a happy weekend too. :)

      Delete
  3. Funnnnnnny Sandee. I wonder if I'll be allowed into heaven since I taught children, even the bad ones? There were times where they literally drive me nuts but I still loved them. Well, maybe not every one of them or should I say put of with some. Ha,ha,ha. Have a wonderful Saturday my friend.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applaud teachers. I wouldn't have had the patience for teaching. Thank you for doing that tough job. You have a wonderful Saturday too my friend. :)

      Delete
  4. oh good one! roche' had to have it explained as he was never on an hmo but he liked it when he finally got it. he sees dr. wacks you know.

    smiles, bee
    xoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty soon Roche will be explaining them to you. I can just see it. Big hugs. :)

      Delete
  5. That's why i'm so glad for the HSA! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She did good to get 5 days! I think St. Peter was feeling generous! :D Thanks Sandee! I hope you have an excellent weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was feeling very generous. You have an excellent weekend too honey. ♥♥♥

      Delete
  7. Good one. I wonder what St. Peter will think of Obamacare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, we don't have any jokes yet. :)

      Delete
  8. 0care will take those 5 days away. c-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then tax you on top of that. :)

      Delete
  9. I have to admit that sounds very fair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAO she ought to be thankful

    Have a tanfabulosa day :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be for five days. :)

      Delete
  11. That about sizes up how Ocareless is going to cover us. Thanks for the smiles.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's not going well no matter what they tell us. Smoke and mirrors. :)

      Delete
  12. Under Obamacare she might only get five minutes!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking she won't even make it to the pearly gates. :)

      Delete
  13. Not sure she should get that much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure either. :)

      Delete
  14. LOL - that sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥