This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.
Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
- The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind and they may be seen in the church basement Friday.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" – come early and listen to our choir practice.
- Our youth basketball team is back in action Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. in the recreation hall. Come out and watch us kill Christ the King.
- Miss Charlene Mason sang, "I will not pass this way again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- "Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don't forget your husbands."
- The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water." The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."
- Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack's sermons.
- The Rector will preach his farewell message after which the choir will sing "Break Forth into Joy."
- Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- Eight new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
- Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles, and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
- Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person(s) you want remembered.
- The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment, and gracious hostility.