Sunday, March 23, 2014

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun.

This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!

Daily Prayer

After watching sales falling off for three straight months at Kentucky Fried Chicken, the Colonel calls up the Pope and asks for a favor.

The Pope says, "What can I do?"

The Colonel says, "I need you to change the daily prayer from, 'Give us this day our daily bread' to 'Give us this day our daily chicken'. If you do it, I'll donate 10 Million Dollars to the Vatican."
The Pope replies, "I am sorry. That is the Lord's prayer and I can not change the words." So the Colonel hangs up.

After another month of dismal sales, the Colonel panics, and calls again. "Listen your Excellency. I really need your help. I'll donate $50 million dollars if you change the words of the daily prayer from 'Give us this day our daily bread' to 'Give us this day our daily chicken.'"

And the Pope responds, "It is very tempting, Colonel Sanders. The church could do a lot of good with that much money. It would help us to support many charities. But, again, I must decline. It is the Lord's prayer, and I can't change the words."

So the Colonel gives up again. After two more months of terrible sales. The Colonel gets desperate. "This is my final offer, your Excellency. If you change the words of the daily prayer from, 'Give us this day our daily bread' to 'Give us this day our daily chicken' I will donate $100 million to the Vatican."

The Pope replies, "Let me get back to you."

So the next day, the Pope calls together all of his bishops and he says, "I have some good news and I have some bad news. The good news is that KFC is going to donate $100 million to the Vatican."

The bishops rejoice at the news. Then one asks about the bad news.

The Pope replies, "The bad news is that we lost the Wonder Bread account."



Share This

55 comments :

  1. LOL - although, where is KFC going to get the money?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't a clue Rhonda. :)

      Delete
  2. bahahaha!! Geez Louise... I want lovely orders as dismal as KFC's. srsly.

    Have a perfect day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you'd be rolling in dough. :)

      Delete
  3. That is hysterical. Made our Person laugh out Loud. Hope you and Zane have a great day Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making Marg LOL. Have a fabulous day too. :)

      Delete
  4. Golden LAUGHS! Happy Silly Sunday. Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your golden laughs Sugar. ;)

      Delete
  5. oh good one! roche' got it too. he's getting more savvy in his teen years now. as long as i don't have to teach hi to drive it's all good.

    smiles, bee
    xxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roche is growing up isn't he? Good for him. Big hugs honey. :)

      Delete
  6. I did NOT see that coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. That's the best way. :)

      Delete
  7. Hawahhwhahhha I didn't see that coming either :) Have a super Sunday . Big Hugs xxoxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a woof woof Sunday too. :)

      Delete
  8. No wonder all the KFC's around here had to close! Now I know why! LOL Very funny, Sandee! :D Thank you for the laugh this morning and I hope you have a wonderful day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, some advertising is way too steep. :)

      Delete
  9. Ooh, i didn't see that one coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a fabulous day and thanks for participating. :)

      Delete
  10. Sandee, you're a funny girl, Wonder Bread, ha,ha,ha.. Have a wonderful sunny day my friend.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a wonderful sunny day Paul, sitting on the back of our boat enjoying the marina. :)

      Delete
  11. Yes, but Wonder Bread has red, yellow and blue balloons on the package. They can't drop that account.

    Have agreat Silly Sunday!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they did though. Have a Silly Sunday too Steve. :)

      Delete
  12. Haha...there is always a catch to those big donations. Life is good.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always honey. Big hugs back. :)

      Delete
  13. LMAO I didn't see that coming looks like Wonder Bread will be upping it's donation soon at yeast bread sounds right... Boom! Boom!

    Have a tanfabulous SS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, let the donation wars begin. You have a tanfabulous SS too. :)

      Delete
  14. There is a price tag for prayers too in High places.
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, there's always a price tag. :)

      Delete
  15. that's a big price tag for advertising when business has been so bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well sometimes people are desperate. :)

      Delete
  16. Our local KFC closed its doors a couple months ago and it broke my heart. The closest one is 30 miles away now. c-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love KFC. We have it every month or so. Used to have it all the time, but we were much younger then. :)

      Delete
  17. Smart Pope... I'd pray for fried chicken! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love KFC. Way too much. :)

      Delete
  18. LOL! So that's where the prayer comes from!

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/03/memories-of-clinton-white-house.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently so Joyce. :)

      Delete
  19. The wafers are so thin now my son thought they were plastic. I think they really did pass on the Wonder Bread account, buwhahahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably happened just like this. :)

      Delete
  20. Well you still get bread with the burgers & give us this day our daily chicken does roll off the tongue quite smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha! No wonder, at least no Wonder anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I never did really understand that things about loaves of bread---why wasn't it buckets of chicken. Then even the Romans would have converted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about that. :)

      Delete
  23. Wow! I had a great laugh with this one. I was not expecting it to end the way it did. Have a great one Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this one had a great twist too Carol. You have a great one too Carol., :)

      Delete
  24. I am surprised Wonder Bread had any bread to give haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just never know. :)

      Delete
  25. Lmao, just wait for the day when the Vatican gets the Budweiser account. "Give us today our daily beer."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could happen couldn't it? :)

      Delete
    2. yep- they'd have to switch from wine to beer for communion!

      Delete
  26. oh help! I'm laughin' so hard ...good one Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing is a good think Kathe. :)

      Delete
  27. And that's suppose to help KFC how?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bread no more now it's chicken. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥