This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.
Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
- The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.
- Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday. Please use the back door.
- The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7:00 p.m. The Congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7:00 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
- The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.
- The Rev. Merriwether spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience.
- Next Sunday Mrs. Vinson will be soloist for the morning service. The pastor will then speak on "It's a Terrible Experience."
- The music for today's service was all composed by George Friedrich Handel in celebration of the 300th anniversary of his birth.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- The concert held in Fellowship Hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the minister's daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her.
- Today's Sermon: HOW MUCH CAN A MAN DRINK? with hymns from a full choir.
- Pastor is on vacation. Massages can be given to church secretary.
- Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Methodist. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
- Attend and you will hear an excellent speaker and heave a healthy lunch.
- This evening at 7 pm there will be a hymn sing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
- Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
- The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."