Sunday, March 16, 2014

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun.

This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!

Church Bulletins
  • The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.
  • Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday. Please use the back door.
  • The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7:00 p.m. The Congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
  • Weight Watchers will meet at 7:00 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
  • The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.
  • The Rev. Merriwether spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience.
  • Next Sunday Mrs. Vinson will be soloist for the morning service. The pastor will then speak on "It's a Terrible Experience."
  • The music for today's service was all composed by George Friedrich Handel in celebration of the 300th anniversary of his birth.
  • Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
  • The concert held in Fellowship Hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the minister's daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her.
  • Today's Sermon: HOW MUCH CAN A MAN DRINK? with hymns from a full choir.
  • Pastor is on vacation. Massages can be given to church secretary.
  • Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Methodist. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
  • Attend and you will hear an excellent speaker and heave a healthy lunch.
  • This evening at 7 pm there will be a hymn sing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
  • Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
  • The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."

7.

Share This

42 comments :

  1. I wonder if I can hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa here in Tasmania. Loved that one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you could Tony. :)

      Delete
  2. hahahaha! those are some good ones. thanks for the laughs, Sandee!

    have a fab day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were pretty good too. Have a fab day also. ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. Up Yours, a great end for this funny list. There is no linky. I added a bit of silly to the end of my Sunday post: http://www.laugh-quotes.com/?p=15813

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the up yours too. He meant well. I linked you. Sorry about that. :)

      Delete
  4. LMAO It makes you wonder if they actually read them afterwards and think "Nope not a good idea" =))

    Have a brilliant day Sandee ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not guessing they edited them at all. You have a brilliant day too Steve. :)

      Delete
  5. Well, it does make you wonder what other fun things are going on in church! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the list is long. :)

      Delete
  6. Those are just terrific. The Person was laughing her head right off. Anyway, hope you have a great day today Sandee. Give Zane and Little Bit our best too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to make the person laugh. Scritches to all the babies. :)

      Delete
  7. Now I know why people tell me I am full of B.S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're just fine. And you're funny too. :)

      Delete
  8. Or, like Steve noted, if they read them, realize the wording is off and leave them because they're funny. ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably Rosey. Why not. :)

      Delete
  9. I wait for your " Silly Sunday's " Sandee. After reading the comical words of wisdom, my Sunday is positive and happy. Thank you my friend. Have a wonderful, warm silly Sunday. See ya.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got such a kick out of this Paul. :)

      Delete
  10. I would love to see one woman with an electric girdle and would love to hear Bertha belch all the way from Africa. These were all hilarious, thanks for my morning laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see the electric girdle too. And that was a huge belch that Bertha did all the way from "Africa. :)

      Delete
  11. The Low Self Esteem Group has to use the back door - too funny! All of these are excellent, Sandee. :D I thank you much for the laugh this morning and hope you have an awesomely wonderful day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it always helps if the low self esteem group used the back door. Have a awesomely wonderful day too honey. ♥♥♥

      Delete
  12. Being surrouneded by men, they can drink as much as they want the question is How Much SHOUL a Man Drink?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny, love the weight watchers LOL. Have a super Sunday. Big hugs xxoxxx


    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. They are all pretty good. xxooxxx :)

      Delete
  14. LOL, the weight watchers one cracked me up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as long as they use the double doors. :)

      Delete
  15. I fall into that Weight Watcher category. c-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have never guessed that Odie. :)

      Delete
  16. I'm still smiling, Sandee :)
    I liked trying to envision the piano player when the piano fell on her.
    =))
    Then this one couldn't be: "•The music for today's service was all composed by George Friedrich Handel in celebration of the 300th anniversary of his birth"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all good, but they all lack something. Even the Handel one. :)

      Delete
  17. That church wouldn't be boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it wouldn't. We be laughing all the time. Well every time a church bulletin came out. :)

      Delete
  18. My son was laughing so hard that milk spurted out of his nose. Thanks for the double laughs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've laughed that hard before, but I think it was beer that spurted out of my nose. It wasn't pretty. :)

      Delete
  19. Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa..... I enjoyed every joke, rip-roaring laughter for jokes in respect of Bertha Belch, B.S. and sin on blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were funny indeed. :)

      Delete
  20. Come prepared to sin ....so we can shame you after

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the way it works? :)

      Delete
  21. Finally catching up on my reading. I can't let the week go by without reading your Sunday post, especially when it's bulletin errors. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bulletin errors have been around forever. I remember them as a kid when I attended church. Some of the same silly mistakes back then. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥