Saturday, March 15, 2014

Roche's Favorite Quotes

Roche, Empress Bee's pet rock, asked her to send me some quotes that he likes. Well I'll do most anything for Empress Bee so that means I'll do most anything for Roche too. So enjoy a pet rocks sense of humor. Isn't he just the cutest too? For a rock that is.

As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder. ~ John Glenn

When the white missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. ~ Desmond Tutu

America is the only country where a significant proportion of the population believes that professional wrestling is real but the moon landing was faked. ~ David Letterman

Men are like linoleum floors. Lay em right and you can walk all over them for thirty years. ~ Betsy Salkind

The only reason they say 'Women and children first' is to test the strength of the lifeboats. ~ Jean Kerr

I've been married to a communist and a fascist, and neither would take out the garbage. ~ Zsa Zsa Gabor

When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife. ~ Prince Philip

Wood burns faster when you have to cut and chop it yourself. ~ Harrison Ford

The best cure for sea sickness is to sit under a tree. ~ Spike Milligan

Lawyers believe a man is innocent until proven broke. ~ Robin Hall

Kill one man and you're a murderer, kill a million and you're a conqueror. ~ Jean Rostand

Having more money doesn't make you happier. I have 50 million dollars but I'm just as happy as when I had 48 million. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger

In hotel rooms I worry. I can't be the only guy who sits on the furniture naked. ~ Jonathan Katz

Home cooking, where many a man thinks his wife is. ~ Jimmy Durante

The first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone. ~ George Roberts

If God had intended us to fly he would have made it easier to get to the airport. ~ Jonathan Winters
Share This

42 comments :

  1. Oh Roche, we love your quotes. Those are just great; Love the best cure for seasickness but they all made our Person laugh out Loud. That is really good stuff. Hope everyone has a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roche is on a cruise right now. Lucky little rock. :)

      Delete
  2. Some good ones. Especially true is the last one. Airports are never easy to get to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't indeed. :)

      Delete
  3. bahahaha! and ewww... on the naked on the bed. I need a shower now. ack. srsly.

    Have a marvelous weekend! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't care for the naked on the bed one either. You have a marvelous weekend too. :)

      Delete
  4. Roche is brilliant and so are you Sandee for including Roche. Have a bight, warm and relaxing day my good friend. See ya.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I sent Roche to Empress Bee so I love him bunches too. You have a relaxing day too. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, you're still blogging, cool! You used to read my blog (GumbyTheCat) back in the day. I quit; don't have the stamina you do! Anyway, I was looking on Google to see whatever happened to Joe (Crotchety Old Man Yells at Cars). I fear the worst, as his blog is spam tumbleweeds now, but I thought I'd ask. Got your blog re-bookmarked and good to see you're still around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm still at it. I've made lots of friends. As for Crotchety Old Man...his wife died a couple of years ago and he blogged for a bit and then stopped. I'm not sure what happened to him. He's not posted any new material in a very long time. :)

      Delete
  6. Haha! good ones and some are spot on too heheh!

    Have a quoteastic weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a fabulous weekend too Steve. :)

      Delete
  7. A pet rock you say, I must visit this blog. Pretty funny sense of humor for a rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Empress Bee is a hoot. You'll like her a lot. :)

      Delete
  8. Really good ones, especially the first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, kinda scary isn't it. :)

      Delete
  9. John Glenn also should have worried that his safe return was dependent on the same organization that can't deliver the mail correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so very true. :)

      Delete
  10. It is fun coming here! Have a good weekend. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going to your place too honey. ♥♥♥

      Delete
  11. Ha! Some of those are fan-tas-tic. The lawyer one is my fave. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawyers make such good fodder. :)

      Delete
  12. That smart boy is on the cruise with us, so I shall see him soon. WYWH!
    Maybe pop on down to St. Thomas Tuesday???

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell that smart boy I said hello. Empress Bee just takes him all over the place. Big hugs honey. ♥♥♥

      Delete
  13. Bwahahahaha, there are some creative and insightful people out there. Love them all!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And all this was chosen by a pet rock. Have a great day too. :)

      Delete
  14. Roche On!!!
    As an architect that has attended many a bid opening, I can totally relate to John Glenn's concerns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roche is a pistol. I can relate to John Glenn's concerns too. :)

      Delete
  15. The David Letterman quote kills me!! Really entertaining this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letterman has a wicked sense of humor. :)

      Delete
  16. And you can't forget "A rolling stone gathers no moss"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very true Binky. :)

      Delete
  17. I love this collection of quotes, especially the David Letterman one. As for the Jonathan Katz quote - eeewwww - who sits on hotel furniture naked. It's never cleaned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet many sit on the hotel furniture naked. :)

      Delete
  18. Nice comments, thought kindling too! I enjoyed the Bible-Land swap, thought of a naked person on hotel room furniture and new car - new wife comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got a kick out of these. Have a fabulous day. :)

      Delete
  19. dear little roche' is so excited! i had to show him this over and over. he was a good boy on the cruise too. he made lots of friends.

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I figured he was a good boy on the cruise. He's way better than his daddy. Way smarter too. I'm so glad Roche approves this post. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥