Sunday, February 9, 2014

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun.

This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!

Irish Math Test

A Irishman wants a job, but the foreman won't hire him until he passes a little maths test.

Here is your first question, the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the number 9."

"Without numbers?" The Irishman says? "Dat is easy." And proceeds to draw three trees.

"What's this?" the boss asks.

"Have you ain't got no brain? Tree and tree plus tree makes 9" says the Irishman.

"Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99."

The Irishman stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree... "Ere you go."

The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"

"Each of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, plus dirty tree. Dat makes 99."

The boss is getting worried that he's going to actually have to hire this Irishman, so he says, "All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent the number 100."

The Irishman stares into space some more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and says, "Ere you go. One hundred."

The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that represents a hundred!"

The Irishman leans forward and points to the marks at the base of each tree and whispers, "A little dog come along and poop by each tree. So now you got dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd, and dirty tree and a turd, which makes ONE HUNDRED!"

The Irishman is now head of Ryan Air.

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Humour



3.

Share This

24 comments :

  1. No wonder I couldn't get hired after selling my previous business, I just don't get this new math. haha!

    Have a lovely day, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going by the boss of Ryan Air i believe this totally LMAO

    Have a brilliant Sunday Sandee ...Bi gorra y-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some different kind of math but I never was good with math. Hope you have a fantatic Sunday Sandee. Take care too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought he'd become a Presidential adviser or working in the Department of Labor working on unemployment statistics. c-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, the Irishman sounded honest to me.

      Delete
  5. So that's how i need to be teaching the kids to add! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm no good at drawing - so guess I'd better stick with the job that I already have. Either that or take an Art class just so I'll be able to pass a math test. :D Loved this, Sandee! Hope you have a fabulous Sunday! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. roche' says it makes perfect sense to him. it's starting to scare me a little that he is getting smarter each day.

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. actually very clever! and funny! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. now that"s a great one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was a good one lmao have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Irishman is no dummy. I had an uncle that kind of used to talk like that

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha...I would flunk. Math is SO not my forte, but I love to laugh!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  13. For some reason, this joke reminds me of a day when I was in the third grade. I had a mean third grade teacher who wore cat-eyed glasses, and once a week she gave a spelling or math bee. Anyway, I got caught counting numbers behind my back in the middle of a math bee; I was so humiliated I thought my life was over; it was a day I'll never forget. Especially, the sound of my fellow students laughter, I assumed they were laughing at me, but they were laughing with me, even the teacher, who I assumed was mean. I love it when situations turn around to be positive; it's a nice surprise.

    It feels good to comment on Comedy Plus, one of my favorite blogs, written by one of my favorite people. I'm searching for templates, and the best way to write a return post. Thank-you for your support all of these years. I'm glad we're still friends.

    Love you Sandee~ Ann

    It feels so goodposting on Comedy Plus again. I'm looking into some templates, and trying to come up with a return post. Thank you for all of your support~

    Big hug, lot's of love- Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Honey:

      It's so good to hear from you. I've missed you something awful. So many folks have just disappeared and one died a couple of weeks ago. It's heartbreaking.

      You don't have to change your template. You don't have to do anything but post something once in a while.

      I love you too honey. Big hugs ♥♥♥

      Delete
  14. Yep, that makes a 100. He's go on his addition, but would hate to see his division.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's hilarious!!

    I don't mind Ryan Air so much, but that's because I go in expecting a delay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the Irishman's logic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG too cute, Sandee! Hahaha I love! Thanks for the smile.

    Toodles,
    Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahahaha!!! I can't do math.:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, the math was silly, but the punch line was awesome! Gotta hate Ryan Air!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥