Sunday, January 26, 2014

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun.

This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!

The Accountant

A young accountant spends a week at his new office with the retiring accountant he is replacing. Each and every morning as the more experienced accountant begins the day, he opens his desk drawer, takes out a worn envelope, removes a yellowing sheet of paper, reads it, nods his head, looks around the room with renewed vigor, returns the envelope to the drawer, and then begins his day's work.

After he retires, the new accountant can hardly wait to read for himself the message contained in the envelope in the drawer, particularly since he feels so inadequate in replacing the far wiser and more highly esteemed accountant. Surely, he thinks to himself, it must contain the great secret to his success, a wondrous treasure of inspiration and motivation.

His fingers tremble anxiously as he removes the mysterious envelope from the drawer and reads the following message: "Debits in the column toward the file cabinet. Credits in the column toward the window."


Share This

22 comments :

  1. No way, Jose! That's a cheat sheet. Haha! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I use cheat sheets too. I stopped writing them on my hand though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that started my morning off nicely :))

    Have a tanfastic Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you gotta have the basics down pat to know everything else is following suit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one way to do it and it sounds good to me . Too funny.
    Hope Sandee, Zane and Little Bit have a terrific day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes perfect sense to me. LOL Might need a note like that myself down the road. Would read: "Sit down, turn on computer, start typing!"

    Loved this! Thank you, Sandee. Hope you have a fantastic Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now those are instructions I can understand! Perfect.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's how I do my books. c-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. unless you are a banker, then reverse it!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahah sounds like notes I write to myself! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's about how I do it lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes we all need a little help.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's often the simple things that are the hardest to rememeber

    ReplyDelete
  14. He was wise! Now, what "wisdom" can i leave to my family? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not at all strange---whatelse could be more important to an accountant?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeehaa! You reminded me of my senior partner/mentor (now deceased) at the office. Up until the end, we never quite knew what his “secret" was. :D

    I would love to join this one every Sunday and reactivate my humor blog. We all need a pocketful of sunshine during the weekend. Thanks for the laugh, Sandee. Have a great week ahead! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha!! such a source of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are funny silly, Sandee. Accountants have he most dumb jokes of any profession. No joke, they abbreviate Credit at "Cr" which makes sense but they have no idea of why they abbreviate Debit as "Dr". :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don.t Rearrange. The. Furniture. Dude.

    srsly.

    Hope your day was amazing! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always though "credits" should be called something else.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am forwarding this one to my Dad, a retired accountant. He will laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sometimes you just need a cheat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥