Sunday, December 15, 2013

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun.

This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
Answers from yesterdays redneck quiz:
  1. How many Vienna Sausages are in a can? 7 in the small can; 11 in the big can 
  2. What was the number and color of Richard Petty’s car? 43, red and blue 
  3. Bill Dance is good at what? Fishin’ 
  4. What university does Bill Dance root for? University of Tennessee 
  5. Where did Herschel Walker play (college) football? University of Georgia 
  6. After boiling peanuts for an hour you have what? Hard peanuts 
  7. In cubic inches, how big is the smallest 1966 GM small-block V8? 283 
  8. A Cajun is likely to speak what furrin’ language? French 
  9. What is a chigger? A redbug (small parasite) 
  10. What is scrapple? A sausage-like loaf made out of pig parts 
  11. Where is “The Redneck Riviera”? Panama City, FL (Our judge from Birmingham will accept Gulf Shores, Alabama because that’s where Kenny “Snake” Stabler hangs out.) 
  12. What’s that fuzzy stuff hanging off the oak trees? Spanish moss 
  13. What follows logically? Johnson, Mercury, .... Evinrude 
  14. What’s the common name for a bowfin? Mudfish 
  15. If you mated a heifer and a steer, what would you get? Nothing - a steer has been castrated 
  16. Who sang “Your Cheatin’ Heart”? Hank Williams
  17. What are grits made out of? Corn 
  18. Who was nicknamed “The Bear”? Coach Paul Bryant 
  19. Why is the Blue Ridge blue? Because of pollen 
  20. What did The Baldwin Sisters make? “The Recipe” Moonshine 
  21. Who was Andy Taylor’s love interest? First Ellie May, then Peggy, then Helen 
  22. What are the call letters of the radio station that carries “The Grand Ol’ Opry”? WSM 
  23. Where would you find Vidalia County? Georgia 
  24. What sport requires 3 legs and a rope? Calf roping 
  25. What instrument did Bill Monroe play? (typically) Mandolin 
  26. How many strings on a banjo? (two possible answers) 5 (or 4) 
  27. When you argue with a fool, what is he doing? The same thing 
  28. What is a scuppernong? A wild grape 
  29. Do you want the goats to get into the kudzu? Yes 
  30. Why do you want to eat “high on the hog”? Because that’s where the better cuts of meat are. Rich folks live high on the hog. 
  31. What color is a John Deere? Green 
  32. What do you call the offspring of a mule? Another trick animal husbandry question … Mules are generally sterile. 
  33. What will you harvest when you plant “shade”? Tobacco
If you didn’t get at least a 7 on this test, you just aren’t American. A Yankee will usually score fewer than ten points. Those with a Southern perspective typically score over 20. If you get them all right, you should be living in a trailer park with a Trans Am up on blocks.


4.
11.
13.
14.
19.
21.
23.
24.


This linky list is now closed.

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...


Share This

43 comments :

  1. #27 is funny! Yes, not an American ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there are many Americans that can't pass this test. You did just fine Abelle. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Abelle with 27 heheh! and I'm not an American but i actually am a fool heheh!

    Have a great Silly Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to argue with that. :)

      Delete
    2. I love your silliness Steve. Have for years. You are not a fool either. :)

      Delete
  3. I got 13, 16, 26, 31 & 32 right.
    I should've known the heifer & steer one too but I wasn't payin enough attention

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you did an awesome job for an Aussie Tony. :)

      Delete
  4. I got most of 'em.... You can take that any way you'd like. ;)

    big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got most of them too and I live in California. My family were all from the south. Hugs back. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That's not bad at all. :)

      Delete
  6. Those are pretty darn funny. I live in redneck country and didn't get many right. We have the ole dead pick up in the yard right next to us. And five dogs a barking. Anyway. that was a great quiz. Sandee, you and Zane have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This quiz was meant to be funny. I'm glad you enjoyed this silliness. :)

      Delete
  7. Well, i knew near half -- growing up among New Orleans' Yats and Cajuns, which is a rather odd bit of the South, i didn't quite catch enough growing up to belong in the trailer park yet. But i'm "larnin' "!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I liked you a lot for some reason, and now I know one more reason. You're country. :)

      Delete
  8. Interesting and sure made us smile n laugh. Happy Silly Sunday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiles and laughs is what I was going for.

      Have a woof woof day Sugar. :)

      Delete
  9. Sho nuff knew most of 'em. Still made me laugh.

    Happy Sunday. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I do love me a good redneck. A. Lot. :)

      Delete
  10. Only knew two - will try to memorize another 5 answers so I can proudly say that I'm a true American. :D Thank you very much for these Sandee! As educational as they were entertaining! Hope you're having a great weekend! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crack me up Marcia. You probably can pass the test now. :)

      Delete
  11. Well shoot ... I gots me 11 right. c-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you did. I had no doubt you'd do just fine. :)

      Delete
  12. i'll be pulling my trailer off it's blocks and moving it soon...

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahahahahaha. I knew you'd ace this quiz. How did Roche do? ♥♥♥

      Delete
  13. I have learnt a bit of typical American.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well at least I scored American. :) Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those were fun but I didn't do very good, have a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to be from the south or have family that were raised in the south. I had lots of family in the south. :)

      Delete
  16. I didn't really expect to ever see the answers. What fun - especially #27!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We often don't think about question 27. We should but we often don't. Bless our hearts. :)

      Delete
  17. Dear Sandee, I did terrible...Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not everyone gets this. That's what is cool about this country. So many different cultures. :)

      Delete
  18. Very interesting! The test was spot on in proving that I am not an American!:) Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised Judy. Rednecks gets teased a lot here. I don't tease them one bit, because I love them. :)

      Delete
  19. You got me with the first one - did you know those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew a lot of them. I was born in Oregon, but most of my family were from the south. It was hard not to know most of this. :)

      Delete
  20. I only got 4 right, so I guess that makes me a Canadian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a Canadian Binky. :)

      Delete
  21. Nice Sandee. :) I won't go back and count them but I got more than half, probably around 20 correct. Mrs. Jim could get most of them, she's from Louisiana. =))
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the same boat. Lots of my family were from the south. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥