Thursday, November 14, 2013

Academic Jargon

"Correct within an order of magnitude"...
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

"According to statistical analysis"...
Rumor has it.

"A statistically-oriented projection of the significance of these findings"...
A really wild guess.

"A careful analysis of obtainable data"...
Three pages of notes were obliterated when I knocked over a beer glass.

"It is clear that much additional work will be required before a complete understanding of this phenomenon occurs"...
I don't understand it...and I never will.

"After additional study by my colleagues"...
They don't understand it either.

"A highly significant area for exploratory study"...
A totally useless topic selected by my committee.

"It is hoped that this study will stimulate further investigation in this field"...
I am pleased to feed you this rubbish.

Image Credit: Coaching in and out of the classroom
Share This

24 comments :

  1. Well, I am pleased you fed me this rubbish this morning! LOL!

    Have a perfect day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining I now fully understand LOL y-)

    Have a bedazzledtastic day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's all in how you say things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Thanks for sharing Sandee. Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a teacher who talks like this and it drives me batty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pet rock claims I wrote all those...*BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZER*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well written and I sure don't understand any of it but who needs to. LOL. Hope all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you cleared that mumbo-jumbo up for me! Helps a lot when it comes to election time & voting!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup... works in politics, too!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're only number two. Politicians lead the way. Number 3 is Fed Reserve Chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh d#1 needs to see this one! roche' is cracking up!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a lot of old rhubarb, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. By further investigation i take it they mean they want someone else to figure it out for them? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't a clue LOL.. Big Hugs xxxooxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I completely understand the meaning of what you comprehend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, it looks all nations finally have something in common, academicians :)
    Have a great week end, Sandee.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. jargon = headache :) love the way it was translated..hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that last one really means "we need more funding!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nationality may differ but basic human approach remains same. We know the inner implication but remain silent observing diplomacy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wait? What? Sounds like government jargon. haha.

    Happy weekend! Hope it finds you with lots of time on the boat and lots of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd have liked to have had this list back when I was teaching. c-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fancy BS is what it is. Hahaha

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥