Sunday, October 20, 2013

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun. This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
  • Blog about something funny, silly or laughable – a joke, comic, funny story, etc
  • Add the URL of your funny blog post on the Silly Sunday Linky for the week below.
The Snake

I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth.

Life is good in the South.


Share This


  1. LOL well I must remember that next time I go fishing ...not heheh!

    Have a slithertastic Sunday 5-p y-)

  2. Belly up to the bar, boys! hahaha!

    Have a perfect Sunday, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

  3. LOL . have a wonderful Sunday. Big Hugs xxooxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

  4. Big laugh here. What a smart snake. Love that story. Sandee, you and Zane have a fantastic day.

  5. Some things are worth a double! Very funny!

  6. This will keep me laughing and thinking all day.

  7. Love this Sandee. Have a fantastic Sunday :)

  8. LOL! My husband loves to go fishing and he's very very good at it. On nice summer days, I often go with him. Can't tell you how many times I've seen him run out of worms! Happens all the time! Thanks to your post, I know now what to get him for Christmas this year... a big bottle of JD. :D Too funny! Thanks Sandee!

  9. Snakes are quick learners. LOL Have a great week!

  10. smart snake! good knee slapper! roche' is napping, shhhh.

    smiles, bee

  11. Who sez snakes aren't trainable? Good one!

    Happy boating and big hugs, honey...

  12. I apologize. My Link to Agent 54 is not going to the intended post. If you click on the link, it will go to my site and give you an error message. If you click on the June (17) archive on your right, you can find the "Loyalty" post.

    I also wanted to let you guys know that I've been reading your blogs but Wordpress is goofing on me and not letting me comment on all of them.

    I appreciate it when you visit my blog and comment and I try to return the favor.

    Thank you for your patience.

  13. Timothy - I put in the correct link back to your post. No worries. :)

  14. I have not been drinking, I do know how to spell. I was just typing too fast. :)

    Have a great rest of your Sunday!

  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

  16. 5-p I like it Sandee, Bwaa!!! In our South they
    say "once a frog hunter always a frog hunter." y-)

  17. LOL! The whiskey worked like magic! Enjoy your Sunday Sandee.

  18. That's pretty funny.

  19. hahaha!!! more frogs..more whisky!!!

  20. I'll have to remember that the next time I go fishing!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥