Saturday, October 12, 2013

Patience

A woman in a supermarket is following a grandfather and his badly behaved three-year-old grandson. It's obvious that he has his hands full, what with the child screaming at the top of his lungs for sweets in the sweet aisle, biscuits in the biscuit aisle, and for fruit, cereal and pop in the other aisles.

Meanwhile, Gramps is working his way around, saying in a calm, controlled voice: "Easy, William, we won't be much longer ... easy, boy."

Another outburst and she hears the grandpa calmly say, "It's okay, William, just a couple more minutes and we'll be out of here. Hang in there, boy."

At the checkout, the little terror is throwing items out of the cart, and Gramps says again in a controlled voice, "William, William, relax buddy, don't get upset. We'll be home in five minutes; stay cool, William."

Very impressed, the woman goes outside where the grandfather is loading his groceries and the boy into the car. She says to the gentleman, "It's none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don't know how you did it. That whole time, you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay. William is very lucky to have you as his grandpa."

"Thanks, lady," said the grandfather, "but I'm William... my grandsons name is Charlie."

Image Credit: Wallet Pop Canada
Share This

23 comments :

  1. LMAO I didn't see that coming

    Have a tanfastic day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is STILL a saint! ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so perfect. I agree with Bee, he is still a saint. What a good idea. Thank COD, I don't have any three year old grandchildren. Have yourselves a great week end Sandee and Zane. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me glad I didn't have children when I see this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suspected he was talking to himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup... I did see that coming! My sister sometimes has to do this when her autistic son has a bit of a meltdown at the stores.

    Bet you're enjoying your cruise about now! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that explains it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have strangled Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. y-) William, next time put him in the food freezer and go home alone. y-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a wise man who can take his own advice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would not be MM! Patience is not his in his vocabulary. Poor thang.

    Big hugs and smiles, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, we can't calm them, we have to calm ourselves! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that one I love - I do that to myself all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did NOT see that coming....nice Grandpa to keep things under control!
    Thanks for the giggles and have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Sandee!!! :)) I almost had it figured except my take was to have
    William be a perfect stranger who would soon be getting away. :X

    ReplyDelete
  16. *snort* I used to be a babysitter many, many years ago. I get this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic!!!! I'm still smiling.

    My children had another tactic. They would point to things and tell me how beautiful they were and say "Awwwww".

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! I was surprised by the ending! Love it! Enjoy the rest of your Saturday Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is to funny, thanks for sharing such a cute story. And for stopping by
    Oh My Heartsie Girl
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had a funny feeling the grandsons name wasn't William....lol That's a good one

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amen! I'm with William. I talk to myself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not what I expected!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥