Saturday, October 26, 2013

Love Never Ends

My sweet husband, John, and I were married for 46 years. Each Valentines day, he'd send me the most beautiful flowers containing a note with five simple words: "My love for you grows." Four children, 46 bouquets and a lifetime of love were his legacy to me when he passed away two years ago.

On my first Valentines Day alone, 10 months after I lost him, I was shocked to receive a gorgeous bouquet addressed to me...from John. Angry and heartbroken, I called the florist to say there had been a mistake. The florist replied, "No, ma'am, it's not a mistake. Before he passed away, your husband prepaid for many years and asked us to guarantee that you'd continue getting bouquets every Valentines Day."

With my heart in my throat, I hung up the phone and read the attached card. It said, "My love for you is eternal."

--Sue Johnston, 68, Houston, TX

Hat tip: Phil of Phils Phun
Image Credit: Desi Comments
Share This

24 comments :

  1. Well, tjhat gave me goosebumps. I want a man like him. srsly.

    Big hugs honey xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...this is seriously beautiful and emotion-inducing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so so wonderful. What a great guy he is. Good stuff. Take care Sandee and Zane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww what a sweet man

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this before. It is a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really nice. Sometimes I bring flowers or a Pumpkin or something into my wife's workplace for her for no real reason. She likes that because it gets everyone else in the office talking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No doubt it is eternal love.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That makes me smile! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, that once in a lifetime, fully complete type of love, some people are very lucky indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that made my eyes leak!

    Happy 11th Birthday to Little Bit! Wishing her a wonderful day! Give her lots of smooches from the BeadedTail girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And people wonder how to make the relationship last -- that's how.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sandee, That is nice. Blessings dearest. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my. That makes my eyes leak. What a guy.

    Smiles and big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  15. That one got to this old man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww... sniff, sniff. It's enough to bring tears to my eyes.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a beautiful beautiful love story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You couldn't be more thoughtful than that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Talk about true love! Really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, that hit me extra hard today, as a dear man passed away this weekend, leaving his wife of almost 50 years distraught. I wouldn't be surprised if he did something like this for her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥