Sunday, September 29, 2013

Silly Sunday

Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. The rules are simple, just have fun. This is a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers and have a laugh or two in the process.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
  • Blog about something funny, silly or laughable – a joke, comic, funny story, etc
  • Add the URL of your funny blog post on the Silly Sunday Linky for the week below.
The Holiday Inn

No nursing home for us. We'll be checking into a Holiday Inn! With the average cost for a nursing home care costing $188.00 per day, there is a better way when we get old and too feeble. I've already checked on reservations at the Holiday Inn. For a combined long term stay discount and senior discount, it's $59.23 per night. Breakfast is included, and some have happy hours in the afternoon.

That leaves $128.77 a day for lunch and dinner in any restaurant we want, or room service, laundry, gratuities and special TV movies. Plus, they provide a spa, swimming pool, a workout room, a lounge and washer-dryer, etc. Most have free toothpaste and razors, and all have free shampoo and soap. $5 worth of tips a day you'll have the entire staff scrambling to help you. They treat you like a customer, not a patient.

There's a city bus stop out front, and seniors ride free. The handicap bus will also pick you up (if you fake a decent limp). To meet other nice people, call a church bus on Sundays. For a change of scenery, take the airport shuttle bus and eat at one of the nice restaurants there. While you're at the airport, fly somewhere. Otherwise, the cash keeps building up.

It takes months to get into decent nursing homes. Holiday Inn will take your reservation today. And you're not stuck in one place forever -- you can move from Inn to Inn, or even from city to city. Want to see Hawaii ? They have Holiday Inn there too. TV broken? Light bulbs need changing? Need a mattress replaced? No problem... They fix everything, and apologize for the inconvenience.

The Inn has a night security person and daily room service. The maid checks to see if you are OK. If not, they'll call an ambulance... or the undertaker. If you fall and break a hip, Medicare will pay for the hip, and Holiday Inn will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.

And no worries about visits from family. They will always be glad to find you and probably check in for a few days mini-vacation. The grand-kids can use the pool.

What more could I ask for? So, when I reach that golden age, I'll face it with a grin.


Share This


  1. LOL sounds good to me I'll see you there Sandee y-) w-)

  2. Otherwise, the cash keeps building up.... bahahahaha! And? If you do it right, you can book a cruise for LESS than a Holiday Inn charges.

    Guess which one I'd rather do? srsly!!!

    Have a perfect day, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

  3. Pretty sure there's more than a modicum of wit to this one. The cost of nursing homes is rumored to be outrageous!! Holiday Inn is not a bad plan. w-)

    Have a great Sunday!

  4. That does sound like a great plan. I sure will keep that in mind. The only problem with me would be the animals. Don't think they will let me bring the donkeys. Have a great day Sandee and Zane and mainly, Little Bit.

  5. Between cruising and the Holiday Inn, who needs a nursing home? Not us!!! Count us in.

    Big hugs, honey...

  6. You know there really are people doing this on cruise ships.

  7. i'm with barb, a cruise ship is how i want to go. and i MEAN it! lol

    roche' is going to the pool with me today.

    smiles, bee

  8. That says a lot about our "elder care" system in this country.

    Holiday Inn works for me.

  9. I have heard of doing this for after surgery's but never thinking about it as a retirement center, what a great idea. Save dollars and have fun!! Come link to Weekends Are Fun

    Have a great week
    Oh My Heartsie Girl

  10. I'm calling for reservations now! :D

  11. that plan works for me. Maybe I should make my reservations now :)

  12. What a great plan! and I guess cruises are even a better deal! Woo hoo....big hugs! Have a stellar day!

  13. I will come along also, what better then holiday inn and room service lol w-)

  14. have a sweet Sunday my friend..:):) hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

  15. Nursing homes or "Old Folks Home" as my grandmother use to call them are the faster path to the grave. The Holiday Inn makes far more sense to any person with common sense and that's why the politicians in Washington would never go along with this wonderful solution for aging americans.

  16. Cruise ships aren't a whole lot more, Sandee. :X
    Except most make you get off at the end of the cruise.

  17. Sounds like a good plan to me!

  18. You definitely hit on something there, Sandee. And the meals are probably a whole lot better than in a retirement home. By gosh, I think I got myself a retirement plan!

  19. Definitely the way to "go" Sandee! Thanks for thinking of it and sharing! :)

  20. No nursing home for me, I use to work in one so I know what goes on.. Have a super day Big hugs xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

  21. The Holiday Inn is the ideal choice Sandee. Nursing home costs can be so high. I am sure we have a Holiday Inn here. I must prepare for that time!:)


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥