Thursday, September 12, 2013

Grief & Suffering

A doctor was addressing a large audience in Oxford. "The material we put into our stomachs should have killed most of us sitting here years ago. Red meat is full of steroids. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. High trans fat diets can be disastrous & none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water.

But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all & most of us have or will eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?"

After several seconds of quiet a 70-year-old man in the front row raised his hand and softly said, "Wedding Cake."

Hat tip: Chatty Crone of Chatty Crone
Image Credit: Health Plus
Share This

24 comments :

  1. bahahahahaha! I have to agree with the man, although perhaps not for the same reason he implied. I have yet to meet a wedding cake that I actually liked.

    Have a perfectly lovely day, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Poor old guy had to go home with his wife after that hilarious comment. Thanks for the laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not true in our case, sad for that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh too funny, we said our payers for yesterday, typical we had no internet. Big Hugs xx00xxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! So did a man make that joke up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one. But I think some wedding cakes are good. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good one! a knee slapper!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you only have to eat it once. g-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. In some cases, 'ain't it the truth?' lolol

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubby would say wedding cake was the best thing he ever ate! LOL!

    Enjoy your day Sandee! Scritches to Little Bit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well he was spot on wasn't he, but on the other hand always get a qualified baker to make it y-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh hahahah but the last wedding cake I ate was fabulous....still tastes good after 23+ years! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's what hubby says. Bwahahahahahaaha! Of course, he's kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish someone would have warned me about how bad it was way back before I married my first husband :O)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! I was here thinking about the many diet changes that I have had to make recently. Good one Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. But only your own haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahahaha!!!! I hope not to hear that from my husband ever :)

    Have a happy weekend Sandee!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll take the cake without the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  19. awwwwwwwwwww too cynical!..lolz have a blessed weekend my friend..:) hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know that I think it was funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥