Saturday, September 28, 2013

Beethoven

A tourist was walking through a cemetery in Vienna and all of a sudden he heard music. No one was around, so he started searching for the source.

He finally located the origin and found it was coming from a grave with a headstone that read: "Ludwig van Beethoven, 1770- 1827". Then he realized that the music was Beethoven's Ninth Symphony and it was being played backwards!

Puzzled, he left the graveyard and persuaded a friend to return with him. By the time they arrive back at the grave, the music had changed. This time it was the Seventh Symphony, but like the previous piece, it was being played backwards.

Curious, the men agreed to consult a music scholar. When they return with the expert, the Fifth Symphony was playing and again, backwards.

The expert noticed that the symphonies were being played in the reverse order in which they were written, the 9th, then the 7th, then the 5th.

By the next day the word had spread, and a crowd gathered around the grave.

They were all listening to the Second Symphony being played backwards, just then the graveyard caretaker ambled up to the group.

Someone in the group asked him if he has an explanation for the music.

"I would have thought it was obvious," the caretaker said, "He's decomposing."

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories & Ramblings
Image Credit: Musica Colta
Share This

23 comments :

  1. I wish I could come up with good stuff like that!!! Very. Funny and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually really funny. I didn't see decomposing coming, although, like the caretaker said, it was obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great groaner! hahaha!

    Have a fab Saturday, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I waltzed straight into that one LOL y-)

    Have a symphonic weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. decomposing :)) the caretaker is so smart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHA this was the funniest one so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *groan*

    I'm still trying to decide if it's funny. I'm going to flip a coin.

    You did get me. I didn't see it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a good one. Thanks for the great laugh this morning. Hope you have a great week end. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not see that one coming. Funny stuff even if it is a groaner...lol Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, lol. That was a grimace laugh groan!! Most excellent choice. :) Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, didn't see that one coming! very good! roche' says "hey"!

    smiles, bee
    xooxxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll never decompose. I haven't done anything useful in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahahahahaaa....one of the best graveyard jokes!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aie yie yie....hilarious groaner! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oy, I don't know about that one. I have to get Bach to my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love plays on words. Good one.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounds like a joke my hubby would tell. Groan. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol, never saw that one coming. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL never saw that coming either :) Big hugs xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good one Sandee! I wondered how it would end.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥