Monday, August 12, 2013

Age is a Funny Thing

Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, "Surely I can't look that old?" Well, You'll love this one! I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his, DDS, which bore his full name. Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago. Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then?

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. Hmmm ... Or could he?

After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School.

"Yes. Yes, I did. I'm a Mustang," he gleamed with pride.

"When did you graduate?" I asked.

He answered, "In 1959. Why do you ask?"

"You were in my class!" I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely. Then, that ugly, old wrinkled SOB asked, "What did you teach?"

Image Credit: Geezer Planet
Share This

25 comments :

  1. hahahaha!! Age is a funny thing..I so agree!

    have a fruitful week Sandee! We'll probably have a rainy one here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a loser! He is probably a lousy dentist, too. Hahaha

    Big hugs from London, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Inside every one of us old people is a teenager asking what in the world happened! May you never truly grow old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha ha! I ask that question constantly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Every day I look in the mirror and say "Mom?"
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was hysterical. Age is so sneaky. Nothing wrong with being old, people are more polite, they help you with things, etc. But that is funny. y-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that was so funny, that will teach ya..LOL Big hugs xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahahahahaaaaaa....
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha! Good one!

    Hope you and Little Bit have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being an ex-student and teacher I can really appreciate this one. My God, where did the years go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Too funny!

    Have an awesome rest of the day, honey. big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am here laughing my head off Sandee! I had no idea this would have ended in such a funny way! I hope your Monday is going well. Mine has certainly felt better after a good laugh!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny one! I have people ask me if my husband is my son a lot, and he is only a couple yrs younger than me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're all a lot younger on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LMAO I am just grateful that I haven't aged since i was 21 :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too funny! Ken and I often forget our age .. until we see someone from way back when. Surely we haven't aged like they have?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hilarious. Poor women.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Waaaahhh!

    You remind me a supplier I was talking to on the phone. After I got his name and hung up, I told my boss that the supplier has the same name as my my suitor back in high school who was ahead of 2years (he was in 4th yr, I was in 2nd yr high school). He didn't sound old or something, that's why I was very convinced he was the man.

    The dreaded day came when he was scheduled to visit our office for product presentation. It turned out that the man I was talking to was the owner of the company and way, way, way, way, way (yes that old) too old. After the meeting, my boss jokingly asked, 'He was your suitor?' ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that is funny Sandee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥