Saturday, July 27, 2013

New York Times

A Harley rider is passing the zoo, when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents. The biker jumps off his bike, runs to the cage, and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back, letting go of the girl, and the biker brings her back to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A New York Times reporter has watched the whole thing. The reporter says to the biker, "Sir, that's the most gallant and brave thing I ever saw a man do in my whole life."

The biker replies, "Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt I had to."

The reporter says, "Well, I'm from the New York Times, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page... So, what do you do for a living, and just out of my own curiosity, what political affiliation do you have?"

The biker replies, "I'm a U.S. Marine and I'm a Republican."

The following morning, the biker buys The New York Times to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads on the front page:

U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH.

Image Credit: Chris Hondros
Share This

24 comments :

  1. Just the facts, Jack. Perception... everybuddy has their own and is free to distort it as they choose.

    Hahaha... it just occurred to me... My bil happens to be a former Marine and he's a Republican. hmmmm.... You'd think I'd like him better than I do. haha!

    Have yourself a fantabulous day, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that sure explains a lot of the news stories. All twisted and mixed up. Good one Sandee. Hope you and Zane have a super week end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't this just like the papers these days. That's why I don't bother subscribing to them. Better to read the London Times where the truth
    about our country can be read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoops...ps Have a fabulous weekend! xoxo Hugs honey pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bwuahahahaha, sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief...this is totally too believable & possible, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sarge is laughing at this one in heaven!!!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. No wonder i hate watching/reading most of the news now!

    This one made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one!
    Media plays a vital role in mobilizing opinion with a strong flavor of politics now-a-days. It is very unfortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lmao brilliant I wouldn't trust a newspaper reporter their lying you know whats LOL

    Have a brilliant Saturday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great story that just goes to show how our media can twist the facts in any direction they want to lead us. Still the facts, just not quite the whole picture! Truth is funny like that, it can be so easily distorted if no one is paying close attention!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Marines are supposed to be loyal to their commmander in cheif. c-)
    [this is the first time I've found anything to use this Emoticon.]
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll prove that I'm a good sport, as well as a life-long Democrat, but admitting I laughed at this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's all in the wording...lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. A joke with a lot of truth in it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol, are you sure that wasn't a Huff Post article?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hawahwhawaah that is so the papers. Have a great weekend Hugs xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! That was quite a spin of the story showing political bias!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yup, you nailed another one. Sad, isn't it? I've gotten to the points where I hate politics. So over it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh boy...that is why I never liked politics and the newspapers? well, I skip to entertainment section :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL! Typical New York Times! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh - isn't that the truth! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  23. And this is why I dropped journalism school so many years ago . . . great headline though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥