Thursday, June 27, 2013

Medical Exams

As a new, young MD doing his residency, I was quite embarrassed when performing female pelvic exams. To cover my embarrassment, I had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly. The middle-aged lady upon whom I was performing this exam suddenly burst out laughing and further embarrassed me. I looked up from my work and sheepishly said, 'I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?' She replied, 'No, Doctor, but the song you were whistling was, 'I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner''.

One day I told a wife that her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarction. Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of the family that he had died of a 'massive internal fart.'

I was performing rounds at the hospital one morning and while checking up on a woman I asked, 'So how's your breakfast this morning?' It's very good, except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get used to the taste,' the patient replied. I then asked to see the jelly and the woman produced a foil packet labeled 'KY Jelly.'

Image Credit: The Truth
Share This

23 comments :

  1. LOL , love the internal fart.. Have a wonderful day..Big Hugs xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL it does sound like a bit like a fart when you hear it said

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are hysterical. Nothing better than a good laugh. Love the one about the whistling.
    Have a great day Sandee and Zane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are probably true...and definitely funny! Thanks for the smiles.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminded of the good old "Carry on doctor" jokes! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha better than him whistling the Gortons Fisherman jingle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are hysterical. loving the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sandee, The best humor is real life situations.
    Have a great day. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all ready sending the internal fart one to my wife. maybe she will stop getting upset when i make them 'not so internal.' It's a health issue now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I once nearly died from a massive internal fart so this is no laughing matter. Well, actually it is....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed these. It seems I always say that. I look forward to reading your blog everyday. Thanks for keeping that bright spot in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh hahah Thanks for the giggles and have a honey of a day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! Those are all hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

    Hope you have a great day Sandee! Scritches to Little Bit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still laughing over the first one. Those were good

    ReplyDelete
  15. "KY" jelly? What is that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That first one cracked me up! I never saw that one coming! And I'm laughing at the KY Jelly joke. I bet that really happened once. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! I have learnt about a new deadly health issue Sandee! Enjoy the rest of your Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh good one!!!

    roche' says "hey"!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Doctors need a good sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. g-) They are all very good, Sandee. g-)

    I never envyed the doctors. I could be one if people wouldn't bleed.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oops, I am a doctor but the different kind. The one that teaches college. d(
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥