Saturday, June 15, 2013

Fragments

We are currently At Oxbow Marina in Isleton, CA for the weekend. It's a lovely place and it's our clubs cruise-in this month. Tonight we're going to a 60s do at Oxbow Yacht Club. It's always a great time here.

Last Saturday I applied for Social Security and will get my first check in October. Yep, I'll be 62 and I've been paying into that program since 1969. It seems like yesterday that I began working, and now I'm retired. I like retirement far better than going to work everyday. I'm also busier most of the time.

Last weekend we had a heatwave that had the temperatures up to 105 on Friday and 107 on Saturday. It's a bit early for those kinds of temperatures. I'm glad it's a lot cooler this weekend. When it's 100 degrees and above and you are outside your boat shed it gets mighty warm.

When we were at Stockton Yacht Club during memorial day weekend the past commodores had a photograph taken. There was a record number of boats from DMYC (18) and a record number of past commodores. Click on the photograph to biggify.

Left to right: Linda Bendsen (2000), Wayne Guidera (2010), Martha Mohan (1995), Sandee Clark (2011), Mike Greco (2006), Duffy Langford (2012), Henry Blunck (2009), Gregg Teislau (2005) and our current Commodore Vince Meyer.

I'll leave you with a picture of where we are this weekend.

Have a fabulous day and weekend.
Share This

22 comments :

  1. I reckon that's the part that Seymour misses ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful place! enjoy every minute, i know you will. and those checks aren't much but they sure help with the fun! roche' says he'd like to cruise again. not sure when though.

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Shorts and flip flops. Check. Me likey. I've got 3 years before I can apply for my social security. I hope they aren't broke by then.

    Have a fabuous weekend! Of course, I know you will! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got your social security. HOpe it doesn't all go away. That sure looks like a great place to visit and as usual, it sounds like you are having lots of fun. Love the picture of all the commodores. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're still a kid. y-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 105 and 107 degrees??? Wowzers. Whenever it's that hot I like to use that as an excuse to have ice cream. Well, to be honest I would use anything as an excuse to have ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a little slice of happy right there.

    Congrats on the first SS check. That makes things official, yes? :) Happy weekending.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're having such a good time. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great outing. Should I say congrads on reaching that man-make mark for getting back some of the money you loaned the government for many years. Enjoy your retirement and pray that government check continues to come with all the state and federal agencies failing. But those days on the water are not meant to be a time of worrying--sorry I mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful places to spend the weekend, can we trade?! :-) Looks like a wonderful bunch of folks to spend time with too... ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shorts and flip flops, right on...but not those high temps. Yikes!

    Lookin forward to hearing all about this wonderful weekend.

    Big hugs from hawt So. FL, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lived in San Francisco for 15 years, I had no idea that inland it got that hot. (Maybe I did, but I just don't remember). Glad there is still Social Security when it's time for the payout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a fabulous retired life. Enjoy your weekend at Oxbow marina!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Yikes on the hot temps already though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sure you are having a wonderful weekend Sandee! We are getting some well needed rain over here. Lovely picture of you and the past commodores. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm looking forward to my retirement too..:) That place looks awesome! I'm sure you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks and sounds very nice. Hope you had a great weekend, Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy those benefits, Sandee. Mrs. Jim did what you did, started at age 62. I waited until age 68 to retire but I started drawing at age 65. No cuts, school teacher type, until I quite working.

    "Oxbow Marina ~ where boaters and homeowners alike enjoy a Polynesian paradise tucked away from the hassels of everyday life. Activities ... or just relaxing with a cool one."

    I would like this place!!! y-)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a great weekend on your boat! I bet you do prefer retirement to working ... I'm sure I will too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥