Sunday, May 5, 2013

Silly Sunday

Silly Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. Rhonda of Laugh-Quotes has given me this meme to run. The rules will remain the same as she set them up. I'll do my very best each week to visit your Silly Sunday post.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
  • Blog about something funny, silly or laughable – a joke, comic, funny story, etc
  • Add the URL of your funny blog post on the Silly Sunday Linky for the week below.
Reading a Book

One morning, the husband returns the boat to their lakeside cottage after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap.

Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out.

She motors out a short distance, anchors, puts her feet up, and begins to read her book. The peace and solitude are magnificent.

Along comes a Fish and Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says, 'Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?'

'Reading a book,' she replies.

'You're in a Restricted Fishing Area,' he informs her.

'I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading.'

'Yes, but I see you have all the equipment…..For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up.'

'If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault,' says the woman.

'But I haven't even touched you,' says the Game Warden.

'That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment.'

'Have a nice day ma'am,' and he left.

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads - she can also think.

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories & Ramblings


This linky list is now closed.

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...

Share This


  1. Very witty post. Very clever. made me laugh.
    Have a great week.

  2. My Dad's most oft given answer to my mother is, "Yes, dear". With a smile. =)

    Have a lovely day on the island! big hugs xoxo

  3. Hilariuos, and I really loved the moral.

  4. Oh I like that one. That was such a good answer. Have a great week end. :)

  5. Woof! Woof! Happy Silly SUNDAY. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

  6. Amen, sista!

    Big hugs from soggy nawth jawjah, honey...

  7. oh hahah never try to brain wrestle with a woman reading! Have a great day!

  8. Smart gal - Happy Cinco de Mayo! sabdue

  9. Absolutely True and don't you forget it LOL. Have a great Sunday

  10. super wits!
    Have a great Sunday!

  11. Great one! I am still laughing.

  12. Ha! That's one smart woman.

  13. Great answer---I will use if ever confronted by a female game warden. Thanks for the link to "Facelift'!

  14. LOL! That is one smart lady Sandee! Take care and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

  15. Sandee, you are indeed a dangerous lot. Thanks for adding me above. :-h

  16. hmmm, you read and you have a boat, was this story really about you?

  17. People who think are dangerous.

  18. I guess we could argue that for an open container, huh? :-*

  19. LOL that was funny heheh!

    I'm a bit late around this week ;-)


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥