Monday, May 6, 2013

Fragments

All of Seymour's babies have new homes. It will be interesting to hear about them and their adventures. It sure was fun having Seymour here and I'm so happy that many of you took a great interest in him and his exploits. He's just a rock folks. Bwahahahahahahaha.

I've had more than one comment about my not doing Mondays Fragments the last couple of weeks. Okay, I hear you and will do the best I can to keep Mondays Fragments a part of my week.

This past weekend hubby, Little Bit and I went to our island with another member and did the annual power washing of the BBQ area, the ramps and the covered dock. It takes 2-3 days to get all this done. Yes there is that much to do. Anyway we do this each year before the Memorial Day weekend so the island is clean for all the members that show up. It's a private island so that makes it even better.

It's time to remove all the isinglass from our boat and put on the screens for summer. The other day it was over 90 degrees here. Way too hot for anything but screens. We'll do this project next weekend as we have two cruise coming up. It's time to be on the water more than in the slip. My favorite time of the year.

Our boat is up and running again and cost us a bit over 10K in parts and service. We were expecting this to happen as the boat is 13 years old now and things just happen over time. She's worth every dime. We get her serviced every single year. Far cheaper that way.

Have a fabulous week everyone. I sure will.
Share This

22 comments :

  1. Not a cheap hobby, for sure but if you love it and can afford, why not! You worked hard and deserve nothing less! Way cool.

    So how is Seymour Jr. getting along?

    Have a perfect day. big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A boat is a hole in the water you pour money into to. True, but I really miss having our yacht.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed MF last week too! I love the little glimpse into your real life, but I also enjoy the laughs throughout the week, too! :)

    So exciting to be in the boating season. Hope Seymour has his sea legs ready. ROFL! Get it, sea legs. He's a rock, he doesn't have legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got the boat all fixed up since we know how much you like going boating.
    We sure are enjoying our girl Rock Gaby. She is having tons of fun with the kitties. She is on the post today.
    So what about your rock baby??
    Take care and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I only have a little fishing boat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes to our rock folks!
    Nice to know that your boat has been fixed, good job!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing, nothing like the freedom of the seas. Being captain of your ship is for that moment in time like being master of your own fate. We have few things these days that can compare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohh! I would love a boat would be nice to win one mind you it would be my luck to win a dinghy :-)

    Have a rocktastic day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't wait to hear about the babies and Wow how cool having your own island :) xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you say you had room for a couple more deck hands this summer?
    Since we didn't get a baby rock I'd like to be first in line for the deck hand job.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. :-h I think Seymour should have been a ROCK STAR. :X
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your boat is up and running again ... just in time for the warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. good thing you have a boat to escape some of that heat! The biggest boat I have ever had was a 17.5' sea kayak! Now that we're settled here I need to get a little kayak for all the lakes here!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is great that Seymour's babies are settled in their homes. If they are like their father interesting times are ahead Sandee! I am glad that all is now well with your boat. Have a wonderful time cruising.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read where one of her babies went to another friend of mine. lol sandie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love it if you posted a picture of your boat sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boats may be expensive but the journeys you can go on are priceless! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for cleaning the island. One less thing to do on the holiday weekend.

    Sunny here until the weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You use that boat a lot, so I sure it's worth it and it doesn't go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well life sounds fabulous over your way!! :)

    Happy islanding/boating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Island clean, boat working...yep, it's time for fun in the sun! WIWT!!!

    Big hugs from chilly nawth jawjah, honey...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥