Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fragments

I've decided to move my Mondays Fragments to Tuesday so I can do the Smile post each week. It's a fun blog hop and I enjoy anything that's fun.

I've mentioned that I have one of Seymour rocks. You see Julia Sandstone kept one and the day after Seymour left she left a baby boy rock on our doorstep. She said she just can't raise any more rocks even though she thought she could. I was elated to have one of Seymour's babies. I am pleased to introduce Seymour II. Isn't he a fine looking young man? I thought so too. I'm just hoping he'll behave better than Seymour did.
This coming Thursday we head back to the boat and get ready for our first official cruise out of the year. We are cruising to Stockton Yacht Club as we do every year in May. What a fun place. You just show up and they entertain and feed you all weekend long. It's what boating is all about.

Hubby and I are going to check our calenders and see if we can come up with a full week that we can go to the boat and just stay. We have so many appointments of late that's it's becoming impossible to stay at the boat longer than three or four days. We need to fix that.

Mike Golch of Golch Central's Rambling Stuff had me change the badge number of his badge to his number. That made me think about my retired badge. I've not had this plaque out of the drawer in years. This is the actual badge that I wore for years. When I retired they added the "Retired" at the top of the badge and put it in this plaque. I'm very proud of have worked for the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department for 25 years.

Have a fabulous day everyone!
Share This

21 comments :

  1. Seymour II is gorgeous! and yes I do hope too that he is more behave than Seymour :)

    Way to go Lt Sandra!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a silly streak I see running through Seymour II? I'm betting it is!

    You should be proud! Being a cop is hard work, very stressful and too often a thankless job. So thank you for keeping the public safe.

    If you look hard I'll bet you can find more than one week to be out on the boat!!

    Have a lovely day! And say hi to that wonderful hubby! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find a week to get away on the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woof! Woof! Interesting that you named it the same. It looks bigger. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice plaque! I didn't realize you were a Lieutenant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also noticed that silly steak immediately! Fitting, right?!

    Congrats and thanks for those long years of service, my friend. Zane, too.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Seymour II you are just as handsome as your Dad. How fun is that for you to get to live with Sandee and Zane.
    Love your retired badge. Hope you get to stay on that boat for weeks. Take care.:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully that streak is a spine of strength!
    Kudos to you for being one of our heros- 25 years serving the communityis awesome. Thank you!and have a great week!Make time for yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know that about you! Congrats! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. seymour 11 is adorable! roche' looked at his photo and said he thought he was way cuter but don't tell s11 ok? maybe it was the feathers. who knows with that rock!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Something def. to be proud of...

    and Seymour II has nice coloring. He's been out in the sun, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with Seymour II. Rocks can be so hard-headed at times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sense a bit of Pop's attitude in Seymour II. I fear you're in for some hard times raising this fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful plaque and certainly an accomplishment to be very proud of! A week on the boat sounds fabulous! My dad said once they retired their calendar is fuller than ever so it's hard to find time to get away for fun stuff. I can't wait to find that out about retired life myself! Hope you have a great day! Smooches to Little Bit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 25 years of service is something to be very proud of.
    Hope you can clear up some time and get to spend more time on the boat.
    showing up, getting fed and entertained sounds like fun to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am thrilled that you have your own pet rock Sandee. Do have a wonderful time at the Stockton Yacht Club. Your badge is cool. Love it and Congratulations! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a very nice plaque! For 25 years service, you must have started very young!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seymour II? A Junior? Look out world!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandee, I'm a little envious of your
    Stockholm trek. It sounds like a lot of fun.

    Congratulations on your "Retired" badge honor.

    Finally, you are a glutton for punishment. Growing boys, even rock ones, are a lot more trouble than grown up ones. You'll soon be thinking that Seymour was a saint. :X Just saying.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a rock that wandered by that I took in. Maybe I should get a picture of it. unusual rock. Congratulations on the plaque and thanks for your service.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥