Sunday, April 21, 2013

Silly Sunday

Silly Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. Rhonda of Laugh-Quotes has given me this meme to run. The rules will remain the same as she set them up, and if she ever decides to take the meme back I'll gladly give it back to her. Thanks Rhonda for entrusting me with your baby.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
  • Blog about something funny, silly or laughable – a joke, comic, funny story, etc
  • Add the the URL to the funny blog post on the Silly Sunday Linky for the week below.
The Fabulous Vacation

A Travel Agent looked up from his desk to see an old lady and an old gentleman peering in the shop window at the posters showing the glamorous destinations around the world.

The agent was having a good week and the dejected, sad looking couple gave him a rare feeling of generosity. He called them into his shop, 'I know that on your pension you could never hope to have a holiday, so I am sending you off to a fabulous resort at my expense, and I won't take no for an answer.'

He took them inside and asked his secretary to write two flight tickets and book a room in a five star hotel. They were delighted and gladly accepted, and were off!

About a month later the little old lady came in to his shop. 'And how did you like your holiday?' he asked eagerly.

'The flight was exciting and the room was lovely,' she said. 'I've come to thank you, but I have to ask, who was that old bugger I had to share the room with?

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories & Ramblings


Silly Sunday Participants
1. bethere2day
2. Laugh Quotes
3. Sleepshort
4. Woodsterman
5. Lauren
6. Comedy Plus
7. Burnt Food Dude
8. Marg
9. Rajagopalan
10. Sugar
11. Ann
12. Empress Bee
13. Bearman
14. Catherine
15. Chatty Crone
16. Stephen Hayes
17. Mail4Rosey
18. Barb
19. Kathe W.
20. McGuffy Ann
21. Traveling Bells
22. Mollie
23. Ron Russell
24. Binky
25. Judy
26. Jean(ie)
27. Jim
Share This

26 comments :

  1. Cute joke. I was wondering how it was going to end. I didn't have a silly sunday, as the April AtoZ gives us a well needed Sunday break, so I put yesterday's post, which I though was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! shame, they could have lived happily ever after LOL

    Have a sillytastic Sunday :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me almost look forward to old age..... or should that be look back....?
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute. Bet they had a good time anyway.Have a wonderful Sunday Sandee and Zane. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAhaaaahahahahah.....
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woof! Woof! Happy Silly SUNDAY. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  7. well at least she had a good time, cute one

    ReplyDelete
  8. mornin'! hope your sunday is totaly tits on that left coastl it's mighty fine on the right one...

    hugs bee
    xxooox

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time I was ever referred to as a bugger. =))

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was your husband

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sandee, That was adorable! Have a beautiful Sunday. Blessings dear friend. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I am trying to figure out how to join you - I blog funnies of Friday! Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the Sunday morning chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha! Who indeed! Happy Silly Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, never mind the bub, I bet the vacation was fun for both of them, lolol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bugger! That would be MY luck! bahahahaha!

    Have a lovely day, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's awful when your memory goes! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, that would be my luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Creating new memories when we get old. Love it!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hawahaawaaa Funny, have a wonderful Sunday..Hugs xx0xxx
    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Next time I'm around a travel agency I will have to look for some little old lady since I'm an old bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well I hoped they learn to get along!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL! Another good one Sandee. I hope your week is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have days when I'm already there. (sigh). Big sun this week. So excited! Hope it's warm enough down there, too1

    ReplyDelete
  25. d-) Our house is still laughing, Sandee!!! :))
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Better try to keep this from Seymour. :-SS
    His feelings will be hurt if he thinks you
    are dumping him to have time for this meme.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥