Sunday, April 14, 2013

Silly Sunday

Silly Sunday is the place to come for weekly laughs. Rhonda of Laugh-Quotes has given me this meme to run. The rules will remain the same as she set them up, and if she ever decides to take the meme back I'll gladly give it back to her. Thanks Rhonda for entrusting me with your baby.

Here is how it works: Laugh and Link Up!
  • Blog about something funny, silly or laughable – a joke, comic, funny story, etc
  • Add the the URL to the funny blog post on the Silly Sunday Linky for the week below.
The Twin Brothers

The chief of staff of the US Air Force decided that he would personally intervene in the recruiting crisis affecting all of our armed services. He directed a nearby Air Force base that will be opened and that all eligible young men and women be invited.

As he and his staff were standing near a brand new F-15 Fighter, a pair of twin brothers who looked like they had just stepped off a Marine Corps recruiting poster walked up to them. The chief of staff walked up to them, stuck out his hand and introduced himself.

He looked at the first young man and asked, “Son, what skills can you bring to the Air Force?”

The young man looks at him and says, “I’m a pilot!”

The general gets all excited, turns to his aide and says, “Get him in today, all the paper work done, everything, do it!”

The aide hustles the young man off. The general looks at the second young man and asked, “What skills to you bring to the Air Force?”

The young man says, “I chop wood!”

“Son,” the general replies, “we don’t need wood choppers in the Air Force, what do you know how to do?”

“I chop wood!”

“Young man,” huffs the general, “you are not listening to me, we don’t need wood choppers, this is the 20th century!”

“Well,” the young man says, “you hired my brother!”

“Of course we did,” says the general, “he’s a pilot!”

The young man rolls his eyes and says, “So what! I have to chop it before he can pile it!”

Hat tip: Steve of Burnt Food Dude

Silly Sunday Participants
1. Sleepshort
2. Woodsterman
3. bethere2day
4. Comedy Plus
5. Lauren
6. Barb
7. Petro Neagu
8. Mollie
9. Ann
10. Marg
11. Keith Wynn
12. Empress Bee
13. Sugar
14. Jean(ie)
15. Traveling Bells
16. Kathe W.
17. Judy
18. Jim
19. Binky
20. Tony McGurk
Share This

23 comments :

  1. Apparently the General temporarily forgot the Rule of Assumption! =)

    Have a lovely day, Sandee! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the General Cannot chop wood! Give the man a chance dude :)

    Happy Sunday, Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to ask.
    Would my kids jokes post count as Silly Sunday? (I know it counts as silly, hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny. I figure there was a twist, but that one caught me by surprise. Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me a while to get it but then I have just got up..LOL Have a wonderful Sunday, Loved yesterdays game :) Hugs xx00xxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a good one, I wasn't expecting that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great chuckle, silly general. Course you have to chop wood in order to Pilot. Sandee, I hope you are out on the boat. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever> Thanks for bringing a smile.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. uh huh, sounds about right... ha ha.

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my neck of the woods we do both. y-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL that made me laugh

    Have a sillytastic unday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woof! Woof! Happy Silly SUNDAY. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Got some lima beans to go with that corn? Har-dee-har-har!

    Bwahahahaahahahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know what ASSUME is, right?! Proved once again. No, twice again.

    Big hugs, honey..,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe he meant chopped liver. : ) Happy Silly Sunday! It's been too long. Haven't posted anything silly in a while. Today, I'm particpating.

    ReplyDelete
  16. bit of crafty joke!
    have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hee hee hee....good giggle! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! The General was certainly in for the shock of his life. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, Sandee!! Most Generals have reached their level of incompetence. d-)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pilot might need a few flight lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought this was hilarious so I read it to Michelle. She just rolled her eyes & gave me "that look" that I usually get when I tell her a joke.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥