Monday, April 15, 2013

Fragments

May I say that having my clothes dryer back is wonderful. Going an entire week without washing clothes was very interesting. It took two days to get everything washed, dried and put away. I felt wonderful when the last item was put away clean. Modern conveniences are more than wonderful.

We didn't get to boat over to Safety Day at Rio Vista, but we still had a good time. It takes about two hours to boat over, but only about 20 minutes by car. Way more fun in the boat. We also went to a wonderful prime rib dinner at another yacht club Saturday evening. It was an all day adventure with lots of great food. Boating and food just go together. That's not always a good thing either.

Seymour is behaving pretty well lately. He knows he's heading back home the first of May so he's preparing for his departure. He's also been warned by his human that a long lecture is in order before he is allowed to travel to Arkansas. I wonder if he'll behave better there than he has in California. We shall see. He has most of his fines paid off from the drunk driving conviction, but he's a ways to go on those four babies him and Julia Sandstone are having. His financial obligation will end with them being adopted out so that's good news. I just can't understand why Julia Sandstone doesn't want her babies. Anyway she's due any time now.

The weather is very nice of late. All the buds are gone and replaced with green leaves. We have spring early here and that's just fine with me. I'm not in shorts yet, but I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt and my flip flops. It's warm and life is good.
The Seaman Mom
Waiter: "Tea or coffee, gentlemen?"

1st customer: "I'll have tea."

2nd customer: "Me, too. And be sure the glass is clean!"

(Waiter exits, returns)

Waiter: "Two teas. Which one had the clean glass?"
Have a terrific week everyone.
Share This

26 comments :

  1. I had to giggle at the start of your post. It took me a while to get used to it when we moved to New Zealand, but we hang our laundry outside to dry. Nearly all of the clothes I buy here actually say "do NOT tumble dry in the labels."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love my modern amenities, for sure. Hooray for having yours back!! I only do laundry about every other week. It's just me and I like doing full loads. I will wear jeans (or jean capris) at least twice. My parents? They both do teeny tiny loads every single day. Bless their hearts.

    Seymour has some 'splaining to do when he gets home, for sure! I can't wait for my little pebble of joy so I can't really be too upset with him and Julia, now can I?

    Have yourself a lovely day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amused me with this, as always. Thanks for raising a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got one load in the dryer and one in the washer as I type. Love my work horses, especially since I am washing ALL the Moho bedding, throw rugs and stuff. Spring cleaning!

    Sounds like a fine w/e indeed. No surprise there. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back in the modern world..LOL Hugs xxooxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as Seymore like BBQ pork, The Razorbacks, and the Mountains, he'll be fine in Arkansas. There will be a lot of moss covered rocks for him to meet, and they may even introduce him to a little moonshine. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think seymour got a bad rap... just sayin'.

    can't wait for my little bundle of rock either! i have been shopping already but since i don't know the size yet i am waiting to purchase the wardrobe and accessories... many many accessories!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love clothes that have been hung on the line to dry. They smell so fresh! But that's for me enjoy your dryer :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandee, you are awesome! And funny :) Thanks for linking up and promoting my hop on your post, I could not have asked for a bigger honor :)

    I'm looking forward for your next link up, next Monday. If you haven't signed up yet and would like to get e-mail reminders of the hop, please subscribe @ http://blogspot.us4.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=86c5eea2f9d691e2f5b321f18&id=0d6371dc2b

    "See" you soon and a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got your dryer fixed - and why even look at the glass? sandie

    ReplyDelete
  11. :)) Liked the clean glass guy. I always ask for one plus a straw. Then so I don't taste any icky water I ask for a lemon along with my straw.

    s-) Clothes dryer back is wonderful but you don't need a dryer to wash. With the California sun those clothes will dry outside, just hang them wherever. Going an entire week without washing is ... :-h.

    BTW, I wash my own clothes, Mrs. Jim washes hers. That works good at our house.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so glad to hear you two have clean clothes. That is a relief.
    Glad you had a good time with all your boating friends. When will the boat be back?? I hope soon. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad everything worked out well Sandee - the dryer is fixed and you had a good time at Rio Vista. More good news! Seymour is behaving! He has had quite an adventurous time in California. Take care and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay- no more dirty laundry! and hopefully no dirty glasses heheheh Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. IT'S WARM HERE IN THE DEEP SOUTH. THE FISH ARE BITING AND DOGWOODS IN BLOOM. ENJOY THE SUMMER AND SPRING TIMES MORE THAN ALL OTHER SEASONS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is amazing how fast laundry can pile up, even with just the two of us at home. I blame it all on the cats, and the wild parties they throw in our absence each day. It accounts for the dirty house and the sly looks they give each other in the evenings when we return! :-)

    It is a good day, and a lovely season, and we have plenty of reasons to be thankful and smile. Thanks for always being a part of that for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL at the funny. :)

    Happy to hear you're able to wear flip flops. It's not even near warm enough for that here yet. I'm waiting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for your dryer to be back and for leaves! I have been cooped up working so much that I was pleasantly surprised to go out this weekend and see how much spring has actually sprung!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Today is a perfect day for hanging clothes on the line outside.
    It's about 60°F, wind at 12 mph and 25% humidity.

    I am wearing shorts. :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! You're through just in time to do my laundry. Bwahahahahaahaha!

    Glad to hear Seymour is on decent behavior. Hope that continues.

    ReplyDelete
  21. it's so hard adjusting when you have to go without one of the modern conveniences but glad you have your dryer back.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Once a week? :)) You need more clothes. y-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't even thing the buds are out yet here! Spring better hurry up and get here!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Better no dryer than no washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So which tea was in the clean glass? :-SS

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can so relate with the laundry thing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥