Thursday, March 28, 2013

Montana State Trooper

In most of the United States there is a policy of checking on any stalled vehicle on the highway when temperatures drop to single digits or below.

About 3AM one very cold morning, Montana State Trooper Allan Dixon #658 responded to a call that there was a car off the shoulder of the road outside Great Falls, Montana. He located the car, stuck in deep snow and with the engine still running.

Pulling in behind the car with his emergency lights on, the trooper walked to the driver's door to find an older man passed out behind the wheel with a nearly empty vodka bottle on the seat beside him.

The driver came awake when the trooper tapped on the window. Seeing the rotating lights in his rear-view mirror, and the state trooper standing next to his car, the man panicked. He jerked the gearshift into 'drive' and hit the gas.

The car's speedometer was showing 20-30-40 and then 50 MPH, but it was still stuck in the snow, wheels spinning. Trooper Nixon, having a sense of humor, began running in place next to the speeding (but stationary) car. The driver totally freaked, thinking the trooper was actually keeping up with him. This goes on for about 30 seconds, then the trooper yelled, "PULL OVER!"

The man nodded, turned his wheel and stopped the engine. Needless to say, the man from North Dakota was arrested and is probably still shaking his head over the state trooper in Montana who could run 50 miles per hour.

Who says troopers don't have a sense of humor?

Hat Tip: Phil of Phils Phun
Image Credit: SodaHead
Share This

20 comments :

  1. Now that's one I'd like to see on those Police shows with the dash cameras!!!

    I thought it was going to be a blonde behind the wheel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me quite the chuckle haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy might have been OK if he told the Trooper he didn't start drinking until he got stuck to keep warm. d-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was definitely a laugh out loud one. I enjoyed that story a lot. Bet that guy wet his pants. LOL. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i laughed out loud picturing this! too funny!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. bahahahaha! If I liked my bil, a state trooper, I'd show him this joke. But I don't, so i won't. I'll tell my sister though! :)

    Have a wonderful day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahahhohoho love this! Can I remember it tho?
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some troopers are just in better shape than others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never found one that did! lol sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. super comedy by super trooper!
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made me laugh! I can so see this happening.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! brilliant it's refreshing knowing some have a sense of humour and have a laugh, I was picturing it as I was reading it LOL

    Have a Troopertastic Good Friday Sandee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That would have been a funny one to see in person.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's funny, I totally didn't see this one coming! Yep, that's one sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! That Vodka really played tricks with the driver's mind!:) Enjoy the rest of your Thursday Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those Montana police sure are in good shape!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A dash cam would have been priceless on this one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, could you imagine looking out and seeing that. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We should drink to this one, Sandee d-) It's great!!!

    His ticket should have been for speeding.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd love to see that dash cam video on Youtube. I bet the troopers are still laughing about that one back at the precinct house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥