Monday, March 18, 2013

Fragments

Hubby and I decided to take a ride to Encinal Yacht Club and have lunch with some friends on Saturday. What a great idea that was. There's nothing like having lunch and watching the boats go by. Encinal has a great bar and their food is top of the line. The very best part is we don't have to work to be a member. We just show up, enjoy ourselves and then leave when we are done. No tables to bus, no cleanup of any kind. What a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Seymour has been pretty quiet this past week. I'm figuring it won't last for long, but we're enjoying it right now. I'm sure there will be some skirt(s) he'll be chasing in the near future. I think he's addicted to (well you know) and probably should be in a 12 step program. I'm just not sure it would take.

Tomorrow I hope to have the IOBG treasury all turned over to the new treasurer. I know he'll do a dynamite job as he's more than capable. He has the same money program that I do so it will basically look the same. Everyone seemed to like how I laid it out. I'm sure he'll add some great ideas into the mix and it will be even better. That's the way it's supposed to be.

The weather here is wonderful. It's warm and although I'm not wearing shorts yet I'm wearing my flip flops all day long. I really am liking that very much. Spring makes me smile, because it's my favorite season of the year. I love to watch everything come back to life. Is it warming up in your neck of the woods?

Have a terrific day and week ahead. It's a gift for us to use anyway we see fit. I'm going to make my week a happy one.
Share This

22 comments :

  1. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a Saturday! Cruising, a lovely meal, your soul mate... really, what could be better than that?

    Have a wonderful day, Sandee. big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so much looking forward to shorts weather. I hate the cold and it seems like it has been winter forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a fabulous day to me. Glad you did t have any duties...and now get to unload one more job. You deserve a break. Well, you so have Seymour now and need a little more time for supervising him. Srsly.

    Have a great Monday. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect way to spend a Saturday, We have a harbor near us and when the sun is out ( not often ) It's great having lunch and a glass of wine, watching the boats..I hope Seymour is really naughty..I love it :) LOL, Have a wonderful Monday..Big hugs xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    Pe=ess Need your vote :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh, i remember years ago when sarge and i lived in maryland we had a cabin cruiser and on nice sundays we'd go across the chesapeake bay to the eastern shore yacht club for lunch, what an amazing day! we'd do it whenever possible and loved that time of our lives... thanks for reminding me of that today!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, getting hot here. It only dipped to 28 degrees last night. w-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunny and cold here... I just wish it were warmer. But hey, I'm just excited there's sun! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a Saturday! Glad to hear that Seymour let you enjoy it without any drama ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saturday was a perfect Spring day. I don't wear shorts, but it would have been a day for it. I was outside in my bare feet, if that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Saturday lunch sounds terrific. Next time I want to go. It shouldn't take more than a week to get there. Anyway glad to hear that Seymour is somewhat behaving himself. Our darn weather has turned cold again but we had a wonderful warm week end. Have such a good week.w-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had freezing rain today so no flip flops here yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounded like you had a good weekend

    It is still freezing here wet and damp arrrghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a lovely weekend! I have the windows open so we can enjoy the whiffs but I still need my fuzzy socks or my toes would freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a summer person and wear my flip-flops year around. Get some strange looks when it freezing out, but don't really worry about what others think. When younger and I lived in Mexico I wore my swimming trucks all the time and when shirtless. Well those days are gone. The pollen here is getting really bad, and settles on all the cars so I keep the water hose out. Spring is really in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a nice time at the club. I'm glad your weather is nice, but it's threatening snow here. This winter has been going on too long!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay I am new here - where do you live - I am in Atlanta, GA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe something's wrong with Seymour? just thinking :D

    Have a wonderful flip flops day Sandee!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome spring!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whew! I do not know what is the problem but I have been having a lot of difficulty making comments on your blog and some other blogs. I am determined to succeed so I have now switched to Internet Explorer. Here goes:- It is great that you had a good Saturday. How long will Seymour behave himself!:) I am happy that you are seeing signs of Spring. We are now experiencing some sunny days after rather unusual weather for March. Have a good day Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad your Spring is coming, Sandee. It has to tomorrow, regardless of what the groundhogs say or pet rocks too. The calendar will declare it.

    We are wearing shorts here, yesterday it reached 90F, today in the 80's.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Spring. It is Autumn here, but still lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥