Monday, February 18, 2013

Fragments

I've been working on my big do at Pittsburg Yacht Club for next Sunday. I've got over 100 people attending and the lunch menu is set. Mexican food always goes over great with any crowd and I'm sure that's not going to be any different at this event. I also have 19 people getting inducted into IOBG. All the packets are put together and ready to go. I've got the lions share of the work done.

Seymour is doing fine, but I still can't get the smile off his face from his tryst with Julia Sandstone. I don't like that rock, but Seymour does. Oh well, whatever blows your skirt up. I also know that he'll be right back over to Julia's if we aren't careful. I had no idea how hard it is to take care of a pet rock. They want what they want when they want whatever they want.

The weather is warming up some during the afternoons. I'm liking that and one of the farmers said to watch for the fruit trees to bloom in the very near future. I'm also ready for that. Then Saturday we took a ride to Oakdale and what did I see?  Some blooms on the trees.  Woo hoo!

Hubby took our Honda Ridgeline in for service the other day and it cost us $1,500 in repairs. It needed new tires too. I guess we can't complain since it has over 70,000 miles. As you recall it cost about $3,500 in repairs on my car last December. I'm hoping we're good for a bit.

Have a fabulous day and week ahead.
Share This

23 comments :

  1. I am so ready for spring. The cold weather and me do not get along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad your cars are falling apart. Car repairs can really play havoc with a budget! Thanks for reminding me of something else we can be thankful for--no big car repair bills for us lately. (Hope I didn't just jinx that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about getting rid of my big old Towncar and just leasing a car... for the first time ever. We shall see.

    I am sick of cold. srsly.

    Have yourself a lovely day. big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE are tired of being cold here too. Wow, that is so scary about the repairs to your car. You certainly should be good in the car department for a long while.
    Seymour, you had better not go across the street and flirt with Julia. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia Sandstone..LOL My Hubbies a mobile Mechanic, he would of done it cheaper if we lived close, over the ponds a bit far..Lol Have a wonderful Monday xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ Julia Sandstone

    You seem to be on top of your preparations for next week

    A bit of advice ..if Julia Sandstone is gonna be there I would leave Seymour at home..Just saying ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know your "do" next w/e will be awesome. You and Zane always do a great job on whatever you do. Srsly. You may have to hire a sitter for that Seymour while you are away!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too kind to your car.
    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Event planning. While folks say I'm good at that, it unnerves me so. Takes the enjoyment out of it. I sure it will be a grand affair.

    You need a pet rock sitter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm liking your Monday Fragments, Sandee. A lot.

    Poor Seymour. I could tell you how Mema got Mrs. Jim away from the breast but not on the blog. Hint: Mrs. Jim said 'nasty' and never came back.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes I think our cars own us instead of the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring is just around the corner. What a great time to see the tree blooms---in my part of the country, in the wild, its the Dogwood trees that are sprinkled throughout our forest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see blossoms on the trees. I'm sooooooo ready for it

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love mexican food too and the event sounds wonderful. i am sitting here with my fingers crossed that julia may have my darling just waiting for me!

    smiles, bee
    xxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally miss Mexican food! There are a few places here in NZ to get it, but it costs $20+ for a burrito, so we don't go. My point, I want to come to you dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to come to your place and experience spring :) oh as well as winter and fall :D

    have a nice week ahead Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cars are expensive no matter what you do. Well, unless you walk.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yikes. I just spent 500 on my car on a part I know couldn't have cost them more than $50 to put in the car originally.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been waiting to see blooms on the trees but the flowers are coming up so that's a good sign that spring is around the corner too! Car repairs are awful but they sure beat car payments every month!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Things are falling into place nicely Sandee! I hope you all have a whale of a time. Keep watching Seymour! He could disappear!:) I am glad it is warming up. Take good care and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck and have fun on Sunday! 100 people .. wow! Mexican food is one of my favorites, so sounds great!

    Seymour sounds like the typical teenage boy .. watch out! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's easier to control Seymour here. He's three floors up; he can rockslide himself down three flights of stairs, but can't get back up ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥