Monday, January 14, 2013

Fragments

There's nothing like traveling on the water in the wintertime.  More than likely it's only your group you see.  So many folks miss some great boating because they won't go out in the wintertime.  They don't know what they are missing.

We spent the weekend at Garlic Brothers.  Friday we had lots of trouble getting our power hooked up on the dock.  It's cold and you need a heater to stay warm.  Well there was a guy there in a great big 48 Sea Ray aft cabin wearing a Tommy Bahama shirt (I call them bowling shirts), and he came to let us know that he didn't have any power and that the boat plugged into the same line as his needed to hook somewhere else.  There wasn't anywhere else for this boat.  His comment?  I'm a permanent bearther here.  Translation?  I'm more important than you and I have a much better boat.  Oh this attitude is very prevalent in many parts, and more often than not it's attached to the Sea Ray club.  We have a Sea Ray, but we refused to join the Sea Ray Club.  Snooty isn't even close for many of them.   Bless their hearts.

The sun is a wonderful thing.  It's a bright sunny day here even though it's cold.  The sun is a great way to recharge your batteries.  We live in fog country and there have been years that all of January and February we are socked in with fog.  I've had to drive up past the fog line to get some needed sun.  Didn't have to worry about that this past weekend.

I won three books at a book giveaway at Jody's Book Reviews. They are: Dearly Depotted, Mums the Word and Slay It with Flowers.  I finished reading the last of the three and I'm going to pass them along to Sandy of Lil' Maddies Meemaw.  Getting them in the mail and on their way to Sandy is on my to do list this week.

I've also eaten pretty much whatever I have wanted this past weekend.  I had baked garlic with toasted bread on Friday afternoon, sausage and eggs with hash browns and sourdough toast on Saturday morning and a great tri-tip, salad and chicken and pasta dish for dinner.  Then on Sunday morning we had burgers at Bob's at the Marina. Tuesday morning I will step on the scales to see the damage.  I don't feel guilty one bit.

Have a terrific day, and a great week everyone.
Share This

26 comments :

  1. Woof! Woof! Love the SUN too but it can be overwhelming. Foggy here means VOG. Glad we live upcountry. Did you say Burgers? Yum! Happy Monday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for not accepting guilt. A little splurge now and again is a good thing! I had pizza last night! The scale says what it says. Today I will give it that and then move on. I began my day with coffee and 30 minutes of exercise... but no guilt! :)

    See ya, Snooty Club. Bless their hearts. Have yourself a sunny, YAYful day! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to be good since Jan 1st.. Not succeeding LOL. I'll start again next Monday :) That food sounds so yummy, I think I will have a nice burger tonight..Salad counts as being good..Right! :)

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy that you are enjoying being out on your boat Sandee! I welcome the sun this morning as it was a rainy weekend. Continue to have good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those kind of people are just not acceptable. Glad you aren't in that Sea Ray club. Doesn't sound like fun to us.
    Good for you to have sine good stuff to eat. Life is too darn short not to enjoy some of the good food. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right Sandee give me the address of that Sea Ray Club I'm going there to sort them all out grrrr ;-)

    Phew!..It don't hurt to indulge now and again your activities will burn it off ...sorted ;-)

    Heheh! have a oceanlicious week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know a few people who have boats but never take them out of the driveway. I'm glad you are enjoying yours so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. life is short, don't feel guilty (know you don't) but rather enjoy and then stop and move forward. same for me on the upcoming cruise, i'll eat, gain, then lose it when i get home. but i'll also exercise and be more careful than i used to be, well, a lot more! ha

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your passion for boating is admirable and enviable too!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember that fog when we lived in California. I loved everything but the fog. Some people have the nerve to think such idiotic thoughts. Argh!

    We finally sold our boat because we didn't use it. Down here we fish or ski. Once the kids left home, Hubs stopped going. Kinda sad.

    Keep enjoying that sunshine. Big old Texas hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't feel guilty. Bee is right life is too short and all that food sounds delicious to me. I eat like that when Walter is home but then go bck to austerity after he leaves.

    Boo to that Sea Ray club! I'll come with Steve. I am sure between a redneck and an English man we could get them stirred up!

    I am glad you got some sun. It's cloudy and cold here yet again today!

    &heart; Big hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cold here. Have a very strong dislike for people who think they are better than you. Snooty patooties!
    Will be looking for the books. Thanks so much!Have a great day. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had about six meals last night. I plan on weighing myself in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No guilt trips allowed. Only FUN trips! So wish you and Zane could join us on the upcoming cruise. We will definitely raise a toast to y'all and the other missing crew.

    Big hugs from sunny WPB, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Life is found in the little splurges, don't waste them. It's also too short to suffer the snobs, as I'm sure you know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tommy Bahama showed money can buy anything but class! I hope you have a great week. Thanks for stopping by Gracie's.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was cold and sunny here as well. We took a cruise on the sound courtesy of WSDOT.(LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember the foggy winters out there very well and don't miss them at all - talk about depression in the making! This past weekend's weather reminded me quite a bit of Stockton-in-the-winter weather though at least the fog didn't seem to creep into my very bones and cause a chill that I thought I'd never ever get rid of.

    Back to cold temps soon but maybe then the sun will come out so I guess that will be good at least!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are always those who think what they have is the best and they are so much better than the rest of us. If things are that important to them, they must have pretty shallow lives.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandee :D Boy I have misse bloggjng. I owe you a heartfelt apology for not getting back to you when you e mailed me. I ha to go an apologize to about every single person who emailed me this fall. I didn't even sit down at my computer desk for most of the last three months. Just saw the e mail notifications pop up and felt awful that I was having such a hard time finding time for anything but work, relationship, and mothering. I seem to be "in the sun" (not socked in with fog) right now in my life and I am going to hope that holds. Big hugs. Ignore the big snooty bowler hat man. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. (typos. I blame iPhone) lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't understand why some people have to put on airs. I wouldn't want to join a club like that either.
    The best way to do any diet is to not deny yourself something your really want. Good for you having guilt free indulgence :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What you need is a 32 Party Barge pontoon boat from Bass Pro complete with the boys from Duck Dynasty on it. The Sea Ray Club would evacuate the marina! Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wouldn't want to be a member of that Snooty club either! Good riddance to them! It's been foggy here even though the forecast is sun. It's not nice to let us think we're going to have sunshine and then not. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised with sun than disappointed with fog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you get more sun in the coming days :) I don't like foggy weather too. Just reading about what you have eaten last weekend makes me hungry :D

    Have a nice week ahead my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post! So glad you're not feeling guilty about all that delicious food ... we all need to indulge every now and then! The "Sea Ray Club" .. they don't know what they're missing by not being more sociable like you are. Their loss!

    We've also been dealing with fog and rain. The sun has finally come out after two weeks .. just in time for the weekend! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥