Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Little Johnny

Little Johnny was in class and the teacher announced that they were going to try something different to help everyone get to know each other a little better, and to help with their spelling.

She explained, "I want you to stand up and give us the occupation of your father, spell it, and say one thing he would give us all if he was here today."

The first student raised her hand to volunteer.

"Marcy," the teacher said. "You may go first."

Marcy replied, "My father is a banker. B-A-N-K-E-R and if he was here today, he would give us all a shiny new penny."

The teacher said, "Very nice, Marcy, who wants to go next?"

Kevin stood up and announced, "My father is a baker. B-A-K-E-R and if he was here today, he would give us all a freshly-baked cookie."

"Very good," the teacher told Kevin.

Jeff was next, and he said, "My father is an accountant. A-K, no wait, A-C-K, no..."

Before he could attempt to spell it once more, the teacher cut him off and told him to sit back down and to think about it for a while. When he thought he knew how to spell it, he could stand back up and try again.

Little Johnny raised his hand in excitement hoping to be acknowledged by the teacher. The teacher called on little Johnny to go next.

Johnny said, "My father is a bookie. B-O-O-K-I-E and if he was here today, he would give us all 20:1 odds Jeff will never be able to spell "accountant."
Share This

24 comments :

  1. Hahaha! you gotta love Little Johnny good one :-)

    Have a fandabbydozy day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, love it Sandy !!! :D

    Some accountants still don't know how to spell that word even after getting a college degree!

    Ask one what the abbreviation, 'Dr.', stands for. The know that 'Cr.' stands for 'credit' but the whole profession has forgotten what 'Dr.' stands for.

    Oh yes, accountants have a weird sense of humor too. You would never fit in, your jokes are wonderful.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Steve. I love little Johnny and this one is so so cute!

    Happy day and big hugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and probably true :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haaaawwaaahhh Loved it, thanks for my Tuesday laugh :) Big hugs xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said Johnny. What a cute story. Mom laughed out loud. Take care and have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Johnny is a smart kid. I like the odds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our friend Sandee is a blogger. B-L-O-G-G-E-R and if she were here, she'd give me a piece of her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I would take those odds... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That got a laugh-snort!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor thang. I'm with little Johnny on those odds being correct!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always admire little Johnny, you don't know when he will drop a googly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll take the cookie, Mr. Baker man, puh-lease!!! Yes, indeedy. I've been craving Toll House cookies something awful, too.

    Have yourself a mighty YAYful day, honey! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Jeff is never going to get the spelling right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, you made me laugh again today, Sandee! (although I must admit I had to google what a "bookie" is...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha! Little Johnny is funny! Thanks for the giggle Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. little Johnny is a real character. I love this one

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! Poor Jeff! Enjoy the rest of your day Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that, Sandee! It really made my evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha. LOL. Ohh little Johnny, you make me laugh.

    Have a great day Grandma :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha Ha!!! Nothing beats a god Little Johnny joke.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Little Johnny strikes again...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥