Monday, December 24, 2012

Fragments

Today is prep day for tomorrows feast. We'll make pies, the dressing, get the turkey and the spiral ham ready for the oven and then do all the cleanup after we're done. We listen to Christmas music and just enjoy each others company.

We went grocery shopping last Tuesday to get everything we need for the holiday dinner. While we were at Costco hubby bought the great big box (28) of corndogs. He'll regret that in due time when he gets on the scale. He'll enjoy himself for now though. Bless his heart.

I've decided to finish off the few Lean Cuisine dinners I have and then not have them anymore. I'm thinking that Empress Bee and Barb are right about all that sodium. Bugger as they were sure easy to do. As I write this I'm down 1.5 pounds just getting rid of the dinner Lean Cuisine.  

Speaking of food! I'm going to enjoy a little bit of everything on Christmas. A little bit of everything and that of course includes pumpkin pie and ice cream. Yes it does.

On Wednesday the tree and all the ornaments come down. It's time for the new year and then spring can show up right after that. It's too cold for me.

Next Sunday hubby, Little Bit and I will head for the boat to ring in the new year. It will have been about a month since we've been to the boat. I'm sure we'll find a few other folks we know that have the same thing in mind.

Here's a few shots of our tree.



Click on any photograph to biggify.

Have a terrific day and week everyone. And for those that celebrate Christmas...Merry Christmas from our home to yours.
Share This

19 comments :

  1. Love your chatty blogs. Very nice tree. I have a few things to pick up today for our soup, then I am done. No feast fixing for tomorrow, just tortellini soup for the gang tonight. Easy peasy. I saw a license plate the other day that read Lil Bit and I thought of you two, but that is easy to do without a reminder.

    Big hugs for a very Merry Christmas, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tree and gorgeous ornaments!

    I'm doing the holiday feast thing today as I have to work tomorrow so as soon as I get off this computer I'm going to finish my gift wrapping then hit the kitchen running to get everything done before everyone gets here at 5:00.

    As I won't be able to get around to any blogs tomorrow I send best wishes for a very Merry Christmas to you and Zane today! Oh, and I'm right there with you on bring on Spring - soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandee and Zane and Little Bit, we sure wish all of you a very Merriest of Christmases. Sounds like the food is going to be so good. Hope you have a great day tomorrow and then the day after, it becomes warm. Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Tree ... Merry Christmas Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tree! We are feasting at David's tonight and very excited. Will be eating part of a cupcake, because we are finding out what the new baby is tonight in the cupcake. I'm betting it's pink again! lol
    Dennis' all day tomorrow with all the girls. Good times! Have a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photographs of Christmas Tree and the decorations are superb.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family members!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Grandma Sandee .... :D
    May you always be blessed by God.
    And don't forget to maintain your health while away on vacation.

    Have a great Christmas, Grandma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your tree is BEE-u-tee-full!!! and yes, have whatever you want to eat on christmas. it's not a time to think about dieting. i even had cake today!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    merry christmas to you and zane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tree. And when you get to your boat if you see a nice fellow with long hair walking on the water, give him a belated Happy Birthday for me. Merry Christmas.

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas!!! Lovely photos and gorgeous tree. Enjoy your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas, Sandee. I hope you have a great holiday season. It sounds as if you're off to a pretty good start. Like your red & gold themed tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tree looks incredible. Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
  14. CHRISTMAS DINNER AND A DAY ON THE WATER. WHAT A GREAT AMERICAN LIFE. THE FREEDOMS WE ENJOY ARE THE BEST, THE BEST IN THE WORLD. THANKS TO ALL OUR FIGHTING MEN AND WOMEN AROUND THE GLOBE. MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS AMERICA DESPITE THOSE WHO WHOULD KICK HIM FROM THE PLAYING FIELD.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the details! :-)

    I am working the Christmas week, so we went up north to celebrate with our families in Toledo LAST week. We've got the over-eating out of the way. We are now well into the trying-to-lose-the-weight-we-just-put-on stage. LOL!

    Our kids gave us a one year membership to Costco again this year. How so great! We checked out Sam's Club, because my mother loves it, but we still like Costco better. Where else can you get a box of 28 corn dogs! LOL again!

    Merry, Merry Christmas, Sandee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty & humungous tree! it must take weeks to put up & take down. but beautiful. wish I could walk over for dinner, it sounds wonderful. we are alone & who knows what for a meal??? if weather permits we will take the 6+ hour trip up north to see our 2 grandsons & of course dad & mom for a few days. we've only had one major blizzard on the eve of the 20th into the 21 (the day the mayans warned us about!) we made it through, but a whole season left... I'd rather be boating with you! Merry Christmas, Sandee & family :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tree is beautiful. Merry Christmas to you and Zane.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your preparations for Christmas were great Sandee! I love your Christmas tree! It is oh so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and big tree!! I'm sure you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥