Monday, December 10, 2012


I've owned my Mercedes for 10 years and it goes in for service every year. It costs between $400 to $700 each year. After 10 years it's costing around $3,500, and it's Christmas this month. Sigh. It's still cheaper than buying a new car. Did I tell you I have a little over 21,000 miles on her? Yep, she sits in the garage most of the time.

I see the word lunatic is being removed from federal law. I can see the point, but I still know a lot of lunatics. Many are residing in Washington D.C. too. Before anyone has a fit, they are on both sides of the aisle. Idiot however is still allowed in federal law.I know many of those too and they are residing in Washington D.C. as well, and again both sides of the aisle.

Hubby is the secretary for a gun club that has 700 members. He works on keeping everything up to date and some days he works all day long and still doesn't get everything done. Volunteering can be a full time job at times.

Hubby and I were going to try to make it to Florida next year, but it's just not working out. We are up to here in a million things that need doing. Perhaps the following year. We wanted to see Empree Bee, Dick and Sandy, Barb and Linda. Bugger, as we both wanted to go.

I won three books at a book giveaway at Jody's Book Reviews. They are: Dearly Depotted, Mums the Word and Slay It with Flowers. One of the reviews says, "Move over, Stephanie Plum, Abby Knight as come to town." I just love the Stephanie Plum books so I'm sure to love these. Thanks Jody.

Have a terrific day and week everyone.
Share This


  1. 21,000 miles? Honey, you drive even less than I do!!

    My sister wants the word retarded removed from everything! She has a special needs child - he had a brain injury due to lack of oxygen in the womb and he has a secondary diagnosis of PDD/NOS Autism - and that word really sets her on edge. Any word used by an idiot would still mean the same thing. So what's in a name really when the intent is the same?

    Bugger on not making it to Florida. I have never wanted to go to California as I can't imagine voluntarily going anywhere where an earthquake may happen at any moment. Doesn't sound fun to me. srsly.

    Have a lovely day, perhaps reading your new books! big hugs xoxo

  2. Congrats on winning the books, but sorry about Florida. It's hot and humid with snakes and mozzies, so think about that and it's not so bad. I would say there are a lot of lunatics living there, but I don't want to get arrested.

  3. If you remove idiot from federal law, half of Congress would be empty. And definitely from BOTH sides of the aisle. Just sayin'.

  4. well rats to not coming to florida!!! hope you can soon though...

    hugs, bee

  5. Congratulations on winning the book give-a-way. You can look forward to some fun reading.

  6. Sandee I am so sorry to hear about your trip to Florida, that really stinks!

    Your so welcome, I am so glad you won those books. Please don't forget to let me know how you liked them okay?

    Have a wonderful and love & laughter filled Monday my wonderful friend!


  7. I think Idiot should be removed from the English language and Retareded too just because of what Barb said. It is so hurtful to call people those names.
    Too bad you are unable to go to Florida.
    Have a great week Sandee and Zane. Take care.

  8. Mercedes is part of your family now. Treat it like old people at home. Obviously the maintenance cost goes up year after year.

    Nice to note that you have won books.

  9. Your car sounds like my truck. almost 5 years old and it has 28,000 miles on her.

    We (I'm serious this time) are doing fewer shows this year. This way if we want to travel in the summer we can. I have to keep reminding myself I'm retired.

  10. little over 21,000 miles?
    May I borrow your car if I had a visit to California, Grandma? hehehe :)

  11. My car is now 4 years old and I have 11,000 on it---as that old, old song goes "I don't get around much anymore"! Here is the link to that oldie: Don't Get Around Much Anymore

  12. Ours both have over 100K and they're still going strong. (jeep commander and dodge ram truck).

  13. Congratulations Sandee winning the books doesn't it feel good to win something :-)

    From a freezing London have a good week :-)

  14. I've had my car for four years this month and it currently has 70,000 plus miles on it. Granted, it was a few years old already when I bought it...but jeeze. I do drive a lot.

  15. WOW, only 21,000 miles. Congrats on winning those books

  16. Bugger. I was hoping for a FL visit, but maybe in '14? That would still be fabulous. Miss y'all!

    I'll have to check out those books. I do love me some Stephanie Plum, so if these are in the same genre...

    Big hugs, honey...

  17. Congrats on winning those books! I used to drive 20 miles one way to work so put 36,000 miles on my car in the first 3 years we had it. Now I've put about 20,000 miles on it in the past 9 years since it just sits in the garage too. Kinda makes it hard to justify buying a new car when I don't even drive it so I'll keep it for awhile longer.

  18. It is wonderful that you have a Mercedes Sandee! Lovely car. I am sorry you won't be able to go to Florida as planned. Isn't it great to win giveaways?! Congratulations! I have had luck in a few. Take good care and enjoy the rest of your day.

  19. gooe ones.10 urars and low milage,wow.

  20. My car's almost the same. It has 240,000 kms.

  21. Congrats on the books! I'm sure you'll enjoy them :) And I so agree with the volunteering-I do volunteer work too and most of the time I find my self doing it full time-eats up my time specially on month like this.

    Have a good day ahead!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥