Monday, December 17, 2012

Fragments

We usually don't go to the boat for the majority of December. We sure do miss it too. We're thinking about going for New Year's. That would be fun.

Hubby and I are hosting a Seafood Chowder feed in January for our yacht club members. Hubby makes the best Seafood Chowder. Yukon Gold potatoes, cod, clams, and lots of shrimp, just to name a few ingredients. So far everyone that's been invited has said yes. It's a fun get together in the dead of winter. This will be the third time we've done this. We just do the Seafood Chowder and everyone else brings everything else. Easier that way. We've rented Willow Berms Club House so it's a private party.

I've been working out on the treadmill for at least one hour, four to five days per week.  Want to see if it's making any difference with upping my exercise.  I'm hoping to get off the 8 pound loss that I'm stuck on. I'm eating right everyday, but the scale isn't moving.  Hubby calls me skinny all the time.  He's a dear isn't he?  I think he's a bit biased.

We are hosting Christmas dinner again this year and I'm looking forward to having the family over again. We all live fairly close to each other, but we don't visit as much as we should. We are partly to blame for that as in the good weather months we are always at the boat. In California there are more good weather months than bad ones.

Next year will begin our 10th season of boating. It seems like yesterday we purchased our boat, but it's been 10 years. Time flies when you're having a great time. Every time we spend some time on our boat I always say, "I love our boat." Hubby always says, "I love you on our boat." He's just the greatest.

Have a terrific day and week everyone.
Share This

22 comments :

  1. Zane is the best! You're both blessed to have each other! Don't dispair getting stuck. I get stuck all the time and then one day - Boom! - the scale moves and I'm happy as a clam! I wish I could enjoy your chowdah... but no shellfish for me.

    Have a lovely day, honey! big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zane really is a keeper, but you know that. Would love to have his chowdah recipe to try. Srsly. It is soup/stew season around here. And no boating!

    Big hugs from drizzly nawth jawjah, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that Zane is the best in our book. Well done Zane calling the wife skinny. That chowder sounds really good to someone that likes seafood. Now a steak chowder would be really good. Anyway, have a great week. Take care too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me you are ideal couple MADE FOR EACH OTHER. Honestly it is rare to meet such intimate and understanding couple in Western countries. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Boating and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if i eat the frozen meals i don't lose either. i think it's the sodium. anyway i have gotten rid of the cruise weight now but this is a party week for me. three in three days! oy!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will always support you to continue to lead a healthy life, Grandma Sandee .
    Your Hubby is really very romantic, I hope someday I can be a husband like him. ;D

    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grand kids call me Grandma Sandee. How did you know that?

      Have a terrific day grandson. :)

      Delete
  8. ooh, please share that recipe. Seafood is cheap here. I love your hubby even though I haven't met him in person. he sounds like a very dear man. I love the sweetness in his "I love you on our boat" comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHH.....I LOVE the new theme, this is beautiful Sandee!!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody. I'm liking it a lot too. Big ((HUGS)) back. :)

      Delete
  10. I hope you have a terrific week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing beats a great day on the water. The seafood chowder sounds great. I use to catch shrimp when nite fishing in the gulf---just put a net over while I was trolling. For the most part I fished inshore where the water depth was only about 6 feet and the shrimp were always plentiful in the shallows along with some really big redfish, speckled trout and snook. I like them fried, boiled, and just about every other way they can be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your husband is a keeper, that's for sure. I wonder if he could possibly give my husband a few lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That seafood chowder sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hubby is very sweet! Mine says the same things to me so I know how special it is to have someone like that. We're both very lucky! The seafood chowder sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the sweetest husband in the world :) Like mine..hehe!

    Thank you for including my father in your prayers..it means so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. and oh..you have a new beautiful lay out and your header rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Walking that much on the treadmill will certainly do something good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that seafood chowder sounds yummy! do you think you can send me a bowl once it is cooked? Have fun over the holidays & I know you will during your boating party. as long as hubby thinks you are skinny, keep him! 8 #s??? I gain that looking at pictures of food!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know that muscles weigh more than fat, so don't look at the scale but rather how your clothes fit. As for your hubby, yay! It's so good to have a good man around.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where is the line to sign up for membership. I love seafood chowder. I like Boston chowder much better than Manhatten chowder.

    Have fun on your holiday yachting. We will be on a boat ourselves. You can miss me for a few weeks.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥