Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Bad Day?

In case you thought you had a bad day, here are 7 examples of a really bad day:

1. The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska was $80,000. At a special ceremony, two of the most expensively saved animals were released back into the wild amid cheers and applause from onlookers. A minute later, in full view, they were both eaten by a killer whale.


2. A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an ax handle, leaving her mentally retarded.

3. In 1992, Frank Perkins of Los Angeles made an attempt on the world flagpole-sitting record. Suffering from the flu, he came down eight HOURS short of the 400 day record; his sponsor had gone bust, his girlfriend had left him and his phone and electricity had been cut off.

4. A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen, shaking frantically with what looked like a wire running from his waist towards the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current, she whacked him with a handy plank of wood, breaking his arm in two places. Until that moment, he had been happily listening to his Walkman.

5. Two animal rights protesters were protesting the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn, Germany. Suddenly, the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.

6. A yachtman set off for an around the world solo sail to raise money and awareness for the plight of whales. It was called off only a few days into the adventure when the yacht he was sailing struck a whale, sinking the boat.

and finally.....

7. Iraqi terrorist, Khay Rahnajet, didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb. It came back with 'return to sender' stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits.

There, now! Your day's not so bad after all, is it?

Image Credit: Freewallpaper4.me
Share This

20 comments :

  1. Nope, my day is just peachy keen, jelly bean!

    Have yourself a YAYful day, too honey! Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup my day is going to be a good one. That story about the dolphins is so sad. Take care and have a great day yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if that doesn't beat the band... LOL! I guess I have a great life!

    I can just see #1. Nature at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet I'ma gonna have me a gooood daaay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iraqi terrorist's death by his own letter bomb is not a sad news for the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even with two feverish boys, I'll take MY day:)

    Big hugs from overcast nawth jawjah, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that last one was true and the world is now rid of another terrorist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, my day is looking pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are good, really good. Sorry for the seals---but sure the killer whales enjoyed their snack. Wonder what the cost per pound was?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the stories above are high-level bad day. Even some of them like the movie "Final Destination". Always be alert and pray!

    Have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The day could be worse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thank you Sandee for that!!

    I am having a good day :D I don't want any of that BAD DAY you posted

    I'm perfectly fine :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyday is one day closer to retirement in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I usually find a way to laugh at my bad days. I had no problem laughing at all those examples ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Apart from the cough and cold from hell mines fine ty LOL

    Have a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post has certainly made me realize that my afternoon wasn't that bad after all! I got several injections and an extraction from the dentist Sandee!:)Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope the Orca appreciated his expensive meal. The returned mail terrorist really cracked me up

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha nice. I liked these. Long time no see! How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  19. #7 was Karma comming for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll keep these in mind next time I think i'm having a tough day.
    The new look is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥