Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Southern Lady...

The lady, was a Southern Baptist who attended services and taught Sunday School every week. On one Sunday, an out-of-town acquaintance, a gent, was in the pew right behind her and he noted what a fine looking woman she was.

While they were taking up the collection, the man leaned forward and said, "Hey, how about you and I having dinner on Tuesday?" "Why yes, that would be nice," the lady responded.

Well, the gent couldn't believe! his luck. On Tuesday he picked the lady up and took her to the finest restaurant in that part of South Carolina. When they sat down, the gent looked over at her and suggested, "Would you like a cocktail before dinner?" "Oh, no," said our circumspect fine example of southern womanhood, "What ever would I tell my Sunday School class?"

Well, our gent was setback a bit, so he didn't say much until after dinner. When he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and asked, "Would you like a smoke?" "Oh my!, goodness no," said the woman "I couldn't face my Sunday School class if I did"

Well, our boy felt pretty low after that, so they left, got in his car and as he was driving the lady home, they passed the local Holiday Inn. He'd been morally rebuffed twice already, so he figured he had nothing to lose so he ventured forth with, "Ahhh ..ummmm how would you like to stop at this motel?" "Sure, that would be nice," she said in anticipation. The gent couldn't believe his ears, and did a fast U-turn right then and there and drove back to the motel and checked in.

The next morning after a wild and passionate night, the gent awoke first. He looked at the lovely Dixie darling lying there in the bed and with remorse thought, "What the heck have I done? He shook her awake and pleaded, "I've got to ask you one thing, What ever are you going to tell your Sunday School class?"

The lady gave him a lecherously tempting smile and said, "The same thing I always tell them... "You don't have to smoke and drink to have a good time."

Image Credit: GS Poetry

Share This

21 comments :

  1. I suppose that's very true ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and she's absolutely right! You don't have to smoke and drink to have a good time =))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, look at you! You pushed on past that pesky 7 pound plateau! YAY you!

    Have a perfectly lovely day hon. big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. Yes, I agree with @RockOn, the Southern lady was absolutely right, If smoking and drinking doesn't make her happy, why she should did it?
    Maybe the gent should come to Sunday School too, hehehe :)

    Have a terrific day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one. I agree, maybe he needs to go to Sunday School. Take care and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One should never smoke! hehe

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROTFLMBO, now this was funny as heck Sandee. I LOVED it, awesome post. I needed this to get me going for the day, lmbo!


    Have an awesome Tuesday honey ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahaaha! That is funny as heck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL, I was wondering where that was going. A smart lady

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that was funny. I did not expect that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! This is so funny Sandee! I hope you have been having a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never learned much of anything in Sunday School that cool

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha! I didn't see that one coming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny, Sandee!!! LOL

    I agree with the others. Perhaps he should be going to Sunday school.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Might be safer though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahahaha, I love it, thanks for sharing this, I might have to share it sometime!
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A Sunday school *rimshot* ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you gotta' love a belle!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. LMAO isn't that cheating? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥