Sunday, November 4, 2012

Silly Sunday

Are you funny? If so, please join in at Silly Sunday, co-hosted by Rhonda of Kibitz Spot and Laugh Quotes and Sandee of Comedy Plus. Rhonda is on a big adventure traveling the world until December 2, 2012. For more information about Silly Sunday click HERE.

The rules are simple:
  • Post anything funny or silly on your blog.
  • Add your link on the Silly Sunday linky below.
  • If you want more laughs – read some of the other Silly Sunday posts.
George and Sheila!

There were two elderly people, George and Sheila, living in a North Carolina mobile home park in the suburbs of Concord. He was a widower and she a widow and they had known one another for a number of years.

One evening a supper was held in the communal refectory and the two found themselves at the same table, seated across from one another. As the meal progressed, George made several admiring glances at Sheila and he finally gathered his courage to ask her, 'Sheila, will you marry me?'

After about five seconds of "careful consideration", Sheila answered. 'Yes. Yes, I will.'

The meal ended and, with a few more pleasant exchanges, then they went to their respective caravans. Next morning, George was troubled: 'Did she say "yes" or did she say "no"?' He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. Not even a faint memory. So it was with some trepidation that he went to the telephone and called Sheila. Firstly, he explained that he didn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a little more courage, George inquired gingerly, 'Sheila, when I asked if you would marry me, did you say "Yes" or did you say "No"?'

George was delighted to hear her Sheila say, 'Why, I said, "Yes, yes I will" and I meant it with all my heart.' Then she continued, 'I am so glad that you called, because I couldn't remember for the life of me who had asked.
Share This


  1. LMAO

    Do you know what I forgot what I was going to say ;-)

    Have a fantabulosa Sunday :-)

  2. LOL ~~ Aren't you glad, Sandee, that you are already married?

  3. And they lived happily ever after. I think. Bless their hearts.

    Have a lovely day! big hugs xoxo

  4. Oh nooo...a glimpse into our future!

    Have a super Sunday. Big hugs, honey...

  5. That is hysterical. I know that feeling, not that anyone has asked me to marry them. Just can't remember you know what. Take care.

  6. And it all begins again tomorrow.

  7. yup, sounds like my canasta group!

    smiles, bee

  8. That's how I asked my wife ... I think.

  9. LOL! This is great.

  10. bwahahaha!

    i should revive my sheepish thoughts and join your silly sunday... this is so much fun!

  11. an (un)forgetful love story!

  12. Sometimes I think memory loss is a blessing. Things usually happen for a reason.

  13. LoL.... Happy Sunday!

  14. I hope these two can remember what to do on the honeymoon.

  15. The nice thing about already being married is that when I get to that forgetful stage I can just check the mail and see who it's addressed to. He almost always gets mail

  16. I hope my memory never gets that bad!

  17. They should make a good pair.

  18. Hi there Sandee! It is so good to get to have a laugh again. Love it! I have been offline since October 24 due to the Hurricane. It was a terrible experience but it is great to get back electricity today, my birthday! Take care and have a wonderful week.

  19. So funny, thanks for the laugh today, I needed it, Sorry I was not able to join in this weekend but one of my brother in laws passed away on Saturday and I was just not feeling up to it, but I hope to join in next weekend.
    Have a great week Sandee,
    Janet :)

  20. LOL - very funny. Poor oldies, I wonder how their life together will be.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥