Monday, November 5, 2012


Halloween was a very quiet evening that included a nice dinner without interruption and some great conversation with our boat neighbors. Couldn't have been a better evening.

Tomorrow is our election day in the U.S. and I'm so very thankful that we can finally put this to rest. This is the longest campaign I've ever had the misfortune to listen to over and over and over.

I'm already planning Thanksgiving and let's not forget that the tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving. I'm not a fan of cold weather, not that we get a lot of cold weather in California, but I do love the holidays.

Thursday we leave for the boat again and cruise over to Rio Vista for our yacht clubs holiday meal. It's more fun than driving over because you can spend the weekend somewhere other than your slip.

There was an article in our newspaper the other day that talked about California being a democratic state. A democrat said that it shows that the people in California are very intelligent because they are democrats. California is so messed up. And broke. And weird. And sinking rapidly. And not business friendly. And miles and miles of red tape to do anything. And no budget. And let's raise taxes so we can spend, spend and spend. And on and on and on.

Superstorm Sandy sure has made a mess in many areas. I hope and pray that some normalcy returns to the affected areas very soon.

Everyone have a terrific week ahead.

Share This


  1. That cruise over to Rio Vista sounds really nice, Sandee. Are you perhaps pushing things too hard, it is just barely Halloween and already you are celebrating Thanksgiving? Perhaps so you can get started on Christmas earlier?
    Am I being mean? I try sometimes.

    We may get back in time to vote. Our plane lands in Houton at 4:15 PM. We have our own polling place in our subdivision that closes at seven.

    Texas went broke too. Bush as governor did that before he went to Washington to break the U.S. Got to have taxes to pay the bills or else renege on the payments. We tried lowering income (tax money coming in) and still doing full payments. Well, maybe a token reduction.

  2. Those Holidays sure do sneak up on us. Hope you have some terrific holidays Sandee. Take care and have a great trip.

  3. Glad it's finally time to vote tomorrow. We are tired of our phone ringing every evening with campaign ads!

  4. So tomorrow is the election day in the United States. I hope whoever is elected will bring the U.S. into a better direction. I hope one day I can visit there.

    have a terrific day too :)

  5. I'm leaving shortly to go see Paul Ryan in Reno. I don't think I'll get a chance like this again in my life time. Happy Monday Sandee.

  6. i just love your mondays!! all good stuff honey...

    hugs, bee

  7. I love your fragments, too! And it's inspired me to do a Snippets on Saturday from the Swamp. Maybe not every week but we'll see.

    Enjoy your cruise! Sounds like a lot of fun! Food and friends and a cruise... of course, it's fun! big hugs xoxo

  8. Love the fragments...and the cruise. WIWT! So glad this is the last day of campaign krappola.

    Big hugs from chilly nawth jawjah, honey...

  9. I think many of us have those suffering from Sandy in our thoughts and prayers.

  10. My son escaped the fury of Sandy as he was back home at Chicago.

    We at India are also eagerly awaiting US Presidential election results.

  11. Christmas seems to come around so quick and earlier the Christmas ads are on TV already.

    We saw all the devastation Sandy left behind on our news here in the UK truly awful, I hope everyone affected gets all the help they need

    Have a good week :-)

  12. I too am beginning prep for Thanksgiving, one of my favorite holidays. I don't think we'll do much for Christmas though.
    Seems like this election has been going on for about eight years now, doesn't it. I hope it's over on Tuesday, I'm sick of politics and especially politicians.
    Enjoy your cruise, sounds wonderful.

  13. We all know that the day after folks will be crying foul. It won't be over. (At this point hubby would be calling me Miss Sunshine). But I can still hope, whatever the outcome may be.

    I've been thinking about my tree. I'm debating on whether to put it outside for everyone to enjoy, or bring it inside...

  14. advance happy thanksgiving to you. sandee!

    it's not our election yet our news channels are also bombarded with coverage of your electoral campaigns and debates. i'm so glad it will be over soon.

    i understand your sentiment about california's present state. it used to be the dream state of many americans and immigrants. i have relatives out there and they all lament that, at the moment, it's all messed up indeed.

    enjoy that next cruise of yours and have a great time. christmas is just around the corner...

    blessings to you and your hubby!

  15. It will be nice to finally have the election over with.
    Those holidays are sneaking up on us awfully fast

  16. The cruise for the holiday meal sounds lovely! What a great way to get away to spend the weekend! I telecommute to Colorado to prepare tax returns but we have some clients with CA income. We so don't like dealing with those returns or the Franchise Tax Board!

  17. It is great that you will soon be off on another cruise Sandee. Have a wonderful time. The hurricane certainly affected many areas. I spoke to a cousin in New Jersey and her house was damaged and she is without electricity. Take care and all the very best to you.

  18. You are like me. Decorations up the day after Thanksgiving. Decorations down New Years Day

  19. Like the elections here, I hope whoever gets elected doesn't make too much of a mess of things before they get replaced.

  20. I already have my tree up! we had the loneliest Halloween ever Sandee :( because of my niece who went back to the Lord even before she was born.

    Hope you and I have a nice week ahead.

  21. I am also planning Thanksgiving. Trying to coordinate details so I can ensure we have room for everyone. I am proud to be the provider of the traditional turkey meal for probably almost 15 people this year. It takes lots of planning and there is nothing wrong with doing it after Halloween. Seriously, its a lot of work, and it is already the second week of November! :) I am glad you love it as much as I do.

    Hope you have a beautiful week!

    Gobble Gobble!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥