Thursday, November 29, 2012

Accurate Definitions

CIGARETTE: A pinch of tobacco rolled in paper with fire at one end and a fool at the other!

MARRIAGE: It's an agreement wherein a man loses his bachelors degree & a woman gains her masters

LECTURE: An art of transmitting Information from the notes of the lecturer to the notes of students without passing through the minds of either

CONFERENCE: The confusion of one man multiplied by the number present

COMPROMISE: The art of dividing a cake in such a way that everybody believes he got the biggest piece

TEARS: The hydraulic force by which masculine will power is defeated by feminine water-power!

CONFERENCE ROOM: A place where everybody talks, nobody listens and everybody disagrees later on

ECSTASY: A feeling when you feel you are going to feel a feeling you have never felt before

CLASSIC: A book which people praise, but never read

SMILE: A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Hat tip: Rajagopalan of Just Out

Share This

20 comments :

  1. Funny, whenever I compromised in my marriage I always got the tiniest piece of the pie.

    Have yourself a funtabulous day honey. Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha,, some very interesting definitions, and indeed that's all there is nothing wrong. I love it, especially the definition of tears and smile, funny but also wise.
    Thanks for the great post, Mrs Sandee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these definitions! They certainly brightened my morning!:) Have a good day Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, now I know why I stayed single. I only got an associate degree...I didn't think I needed a bachelor degree to prove I was one...apparently I did, so I could trade up to a masters that my better half had ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant definitions! I learned a lot of new stuff...and got a straight line for sure.

    Big hugs from cold nawth jawjah, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these Sandee! Funny ~~ LOL

    Marriage and conference were my favorites. Guess I've participated in these two the most in my life.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny. Wasn't Mark Twain the one who wrote that line about a classic?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so terrific and so true. Love the Classis one. But they are good. Have a good daY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHAHA...Sandee, these definitions are accurate and too funny! and you're so right about the classic--I am guilty as charged. Been buying classic books (thinking that i will read them soon and that my son will get to read them too--well, he's 10 and he hasn't graduated with comic books yet)--but yes, haven't read any of them til now.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the 'Conference Room'!! They're all great and put a smile on our faces this morning!!
    Big big hugs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Conference room. Been there done that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apparently my first husband wasn't aware of the fact that he lost his bachelors degree

    ReplyDelete
  13. ALWAYS THOUGHT MY PIECE OF THE PIE WAS THE BIGGEST, BUT NOW YOU'VE GOT ME WONDERING. THOSE ARE ALL SO TRUE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha! I got masters! Yay!
    Reminded me of my Psychology class. Hehe!
    Hugs from Ohio,
    I.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want that cake of compromise!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As for the compromise, it should be noted that doesn't work with children. They always think that they are given the smaller piece. Even when I divide the cake up with a square and compass, they all think someone else got a bigger piece.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun! My two favorite - cigarette and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So true love the ecstasy one what a mouthful LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥