Monday, October 1, 2012


We have been working hard to get ready for our annual bay cruise. We've hauled a ton of things that we need for the 12 days and will continue to do so until we are done. Hoping that by the first weekend of October we'll be set.

We had a great time during our birthday dinner with our youngest granddaughter. I got to play with baby Audi too and that was really great. She'll be 2 at the end of December. She sure is growing up quickly, and I'm enjoying being a great grandma.

My son lost his job again. It's a long story, but he doesn't seem overly concerned so I'm not going to be overly concerned either. Kids are so different about working now, more so than we were back in the day. Well that's the way I see it. No loyalty. I understand that somewhat, but it's sure a sad thing.

I'm still plugging away on my Lean Cuisine, but I've only lost one pound this week.  I knew this slow down would happen, so I'll just keep at it and eventually I'll drop some more weight. I've noticed my clothes fit me much better though. Five and 1/2 pounds is five and 1/2 pounds.  I'm also writing this post at the end of the week and when this posts on Monday I may very well have lost more than one pound.  I'm hoping so.

Everyone have a terrific week ahead.

Share This


  1. I still have my black jeans that I can't zip up yet that I am trying to get into. Everything else fits--they must have shrunk.

  2. Yes, monday is so terrible...hahaha

  3. Sounds like you are very busy persons. Hope you have a terrific cruise. Or as I usally say, a good sail. LOL. Take care.

  4. I agree with you, youths now don't get perturbed by loss of job. My son also lost his job and had to wait for 6 months to get a new job. Now he kicked that job and found a new one.

  5. Two??? OMGoodness. Slow down, baby girl.

    Big hugs, honey...

  6. Come on grandma, I encourage you to live healthier. To lose weight, the key is to be patient :)

  7. Slow and steady does it, but no one should take dieting advice from a Chubby Chatterbox.

  8. Wow... great grandma. I have yet to be a grandma. lol

  9. Hi Sandee! I'm crossing my fingers for you next pound list. Did you find a what to fill your boat freezer with Healthy Choice meals? Or map out the grocery stores along your way where you can restock?

    I enjoyed your birthday news. Our younger great-granddaughter is two (2) today. We will miss the party though as they live on the other side of Houston and we have other things here most of the day and evening.

    Your son might end up like our SIL. Is he married? Our SIL is a stay-at-home Dad. He missed my advice of "don't quit our job until you have another" and now hasn't had another for over four years. Good thing Karen has a really good job that will provide for four.

  10. Audi is almost two? Wow! Why must they grow so fast!

    And then we're old so long. hahahaha!

    I lost the two pounds I gained. Today I put on a pair of jeans I could't wear last year because they were too tight. Excellent! 18 pounds is 18 pounds... but bugger, I still have about 80 to go. But I shall get there! Yes, indeedy!

    Have a lovely day. Don't work too hard... you'e supposed to be retired, remember?

    big hugs xoxo

  11. Keep up the good work Funny Lady.

  12. Aha, I see 6lbs gone according to your ticker! That's a great achievement. Just go pick up six pounds of something, flour, rocks and realize how much that is. Your body is grateful.

    So proud of you! You're doing great.

  13. two? how did that happen so fast?? oh my, what a sweet thing to have a great granddaughter!

    congratulations on the lost sticks of butter too!

    hugs, bee

  14. Sandee, have a great cruise...enjoy!...6 lbs is fantastic...your cloths are fitting better...I really don't care what the scale says as long as my cloths fit nice and I'm lookin' better in the mirror...ya know what I mean?

    Your still too young to be a great-Gma!
    PLU from SSF

  15. Losing one pound is way better than gaining one. Keep up the good work.

  16. Good luck on your diet. A pound a week is a realistic rate if you can maintain it.

  17. You're right Sandee..a pound is still a pound.

    Keep it up!!

  18. Getting ready for a 12 day voyage, Lucky you! Sorry to hear about your son's job, it is tough out there. Keep up the good work, and as everyone say's a pound is a pound and you did that 5 times lol!
    Have a great week,
    Janet :)

  19. Unfortunately, loyalty is a thing of the past. There is no such thing as consumer loyalty to a product, workers will switch jobs for a nickle per hour raise, employers will downsize experienced staff to reduce costs, and, of course partners will end a marriage at the drop of a hat. Sad, but true. Hope you have a great time on the cruise, but I know that you will.

  20. All the very best with your arrangements for the annual bay cruise Sandee. I am sure you are going to have a whale of a time. I am glad you got to have a good time with your granddaughter. All the best with your diet. Have a good night.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥